Sunday, April 27, 2014

Happy Easter 2014


Easter has always been my favorite and this year, our celebration was one of my favorites of all time.  We kept things very simple and low key.  I have felt like I can't keep up with life lately.  Then I realized that I could determine the pace!!!  So instead of stressing myself out we decided focus on making it enjoyable...and I must say, we succeeded.


The buckets baskets were simple yet traditional and very well received.


After the kiddos went through their baskets, we made our traditional Easter breakfast.  Empty tomb rolls.  This is always daddy's job because I'm usually making the fruit salad, and lets face it, it's a messy job.


He walked them through the symbolism.  Gotta love a marshmallow Jesus.









While breakfast cooked, the kids went outside for the egg hunt.
"Yes sir!"




Time for breakfast!!!!!


 Unfortunately, there was an accident and the beautiful empty tomb rolls ended up all over the floor with shards of pottery in them  :(  Fortunately we had one box of cereal left, so there were no empty bellies.


After breakfast we donned our Easter apparel, minus the bonnets, and headed out the door.


We always go to Ya Ya and Pops for Easter Dinner and take our traditional picture.  Ya Ya always has some special goodies for the littles.




Such a special day.  And the perfect way to wrap it up was at a table surrounded with people we love.  A sweet couple from church was able to join us and kept us in stitches.  We sat at the table long after the strawberry and lemon ice box pies were but smudges on china.  So many funny stories and even some deep and moving moments.  It was a happy Easter and the perfect day to remember the gift of eternal life!


For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.
1 Corinthians 15:22

 

1 comment:

jaymie said...

You just made my day by posting!!! I miss you and your crew! Hugs to the whole Neal gang!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails