Friday, November 16, 2012

A Glimmer of Hope


"Hope is the only thing more powerful than fear."

This was my favorite line from the movie, The Hunger Games.  This line has resonated in my mind ever since I saw the movie.  It was profound and so true that I was surprised to see it come out of Hollywood. HA!
Hope is probably THE most powerful thing out there.  I have been in a place where I struggled to have hope.  It was a dark place and I pray I never go back there.  But even in the midst of my darkest time....I knew there WAS hope, even though I couldn't feel it.  Every day I forced myself to read a Psalm.  David did my praying for me, b/c when you are in the pit, praying is next to impossible.
The hope that we as Christians have is transforming!  I don't know how anyone without the hope of heaven can even drag themselves out of bed in the morning!!  Life is hard.  And sometimes it's hell.  But we DO have this hope.  The hope of eternal life in perfect love.  Can you even imagine a life with perfect love!?  Where you and everyone around you is patient and kind!?  Where no one envies, no one boasts and no one is proud!?  A place where no one is rude or self seeking or easily angered or keeps a record of wrongs!?  A place where everyone rejoices in the truth and doesn't delight in evil!!!?  A place where EVERYONE always protects, always trusts, always hopes and always perseveres!!!??  A place where there is no fear!!!  Can you imagine it!!!???  That is heaven to me!  Not mansions and pearly gates or streets of gold!!!  Not robes or crowns.  But love!  True and perfect love.  Heaven.  And we get to go there!!!!  Yes, the hope of that place.  Hope.  The only thing more powerful than fear.  What fear!?  When I sit and meditate on love....there is no fear to be found.  And when I know that hope.....I can truly live!

But I will hope continually
    and will praise you yet more and more.
Psalm 71:14

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails