Friday, October 26, 2012

Listening....

 “But the true idea of a home is that it is a place for growth. It is a place for the parents themselves to grow - to grow into beauty of character, to grow in refinement, in knowledge, in strength, in wisdom, in patience, gentleness, kindliness, and all the Christian graces and virtues. It is a place for children to grow - to grow into physical vigor and health and to be trained in all that shall make them true and noble men and women." -J.R.Miller

  I wasn't going to post until we got moved in and settled but the Lord is laying some things so heavy on my spirit that I wanted to jot some things down.  Holy Ann names her years.  It's a wonderful idea and so this year I decided to name mine.  The one word that He put on my heart was "listen."  And so, this whole year I have been trying to listen.  It's such a struggle for me because I'm more of a talker!!  In conversations with friends and family I usually have so much to say that when I saw this quote on pinterest I laughed out loud!  It said something to the effect of, "I hate it when you interrupt me interrupting you!"  HA!  YES!  That's me to a T.  But it's not a good thing.....especially when it comes to God.  I found that I was the one doing all of the talking.  So this year I observed Lent for the first time and I have taken a more silent and meditative approach to prayer and just tried to be more aware of His presence and what He may be whispering to my heart.  And it's been really amazing.  The way things come swirling together.  The most recent thing has been an area that I need to work on in my home.  Home is a very, very powerful place and a very, very big responsibility.  As I've been listening I've been empowered by the freedom in His message always.  And even what He is putting on my heart about our home, it's not about rules and restrictions.  It's about love and grace and peace and joy and fullness of life!  But it does take a consciousness and a deliberateness.  I'm excited and I hope to write about it later, but I am just so thankful that I am learning to listen.  If there is one thing that helps me to listen the most.....it's being aware of His presence.  To live in His presence.  To know that everywhere I go, He is.
Things are hectic here.  Routine is gone and the house is turned upside down.  There is so much to do that I don't know where to start....and it's not just getting this house packed up or the other house ready to move in and then getting moved in.  We still have to get this house ready to sell and then, Lord willing, sell!  So that on top of all the other daily things have me in a bit of a funk.  But I am starting to count again and it truly works miracles.  I am trying to listen.  And although I'm not constantly aware, I am always and forever in the presence of the creator of the universe.....which is pretty stinkin' incredible.


"Where can I go from your Spirit?  Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
    if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
    if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. 
 If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me, and the light become night around me,” 
even the darkness will not be dark to you;  the night will shine like the day,
    for darkness is as light to you."
Psalm 139:7-12

2 comments:

Cheri said...

You moved...where did you move to? Post pictures of your new home.

TexasNeals said...

we haven't moved yet. we close on Tuesday but hopefully we can get out there this weekend and take some pictures!!!! i can't WAIT to share the beautiful views we will have!!!!!!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails