Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Remember...

The counters full, the floor a mess and a baby that ran off before I was able to put a fresh diaper on, about to make yet another mess for me.  Ah, I so want to remember the beauty of this chaos!!!

This morning I woke to two little shirtless boys snuggled up next to me.  They woke up at the same time and I watched.  The smiles between long blinks.  The tender loves.  Then a little red, bed head popped up over the side of the bed with a sweet, sweet smile hiding behind a wrinkled thumb.  She was welcomed under the covers.  Shirtless herself and a little chilly, she melted into me.  All these sweet, sleepy and snuggly littles was almost more than this momma could stand.  Jack headed out and Molly Beth crawled under the covers from the foot of the bed.  I love when the are still half asleep and keep their eyes closed but smile. :)  Ck gave up her thumb for Wilbur sugars...they ARE the sweetest.  He then slid off the bed to go check on Jack and I summonsed Suzannah from the floor to join us.  Just me and my girls all tucked under one blanket as close as you can get.  I laid there thinking about how fast the years are going.  I don't "expect" our children to leave when they turn 18.  As long as they have been equipped to go to college if they'd like, and are equipped to leave the nest, should they decide to stay longer they are welcome!  But, if Suzannah should decide to pursue something away from our home we only have eight short years with her under our wings.  I am trying to really absorb all the moments of closeness where I know her inside and out!  This was just such a wonderful way to start the morning :)  And it got me to thinking about all the little things that I want to remember.

When Charley Kate sneezes she immediately says, "bless you!" like she's saying excuse me.

Jack says so many things wrong.  Hopefully he will outgrow them, but for now I love it
-"Mommy it was sho, sho, sho, sho, sho big!!!!"
-"Do we get buzuook tonight?" dessert-i have NO idea where this translation came from!!
-"I love my school wook!"

When Will hears music he dances accordingly.  If its slow and flowing he is very fluid.  If it's fast and jumpy, he is fast and jumpy.  And almost always, regardless of tempo, he ends up getting so caught up in it that he ends up falling down.  He loves to spin.  Not sure if that is his sister's influence or he just likes feeling dizzy?

Molly Beth loves to be creative with how she dresses.  She will even tie Charley Kate's clothes into what she's wearing.  And actually, it is usually really cute!

Will says Ma-Ma, Da-Da and Ya-Ya with the emphasis on the second syllable.

Suzannah is hitting the age where she's not playing pretend much.  She would rather draw or read....but mostly she wants to be with the grown ups.

Ck sings Row Row like this, "Melody, melody, melody, melody, life's a butter dream."

Molly Beth is always playing "daughter" with Charley Kate.  So much so that when Charley calls, "Momma!" I have to ask who she's talking to!!

Suzannah has decided that she would like to go to culinary school and become a chef.  Then, when she has babies she will be a dog breeder so that she can stay home and home school her children....and they can play with the puppies.

Jack only wears a shirt when we go somewhere.  And even then he really would rather not.

These days are messy!  And it's not just the house!  I'm learning how to be a parent....and I've made  a lot of messes along the way.  I'm constantly cleaning up...both figuratively and literally.  But it's flying by so fast.  I'm learning to accept the messes and realize that someday our house will be too clean...and my heart will yearn for these crazy days.  And I'm trying to really listen to God about how to do this parenting thing, because I know I will continue to make a mess of it sometimes, but if I can master getting rid of my pride, I have a feeling the messes will be very few and much further between.  Pride and parenting.....a lethal combination.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."


3 comments:

Cheri said...

I love this post...you amaze me at what a good mom you are and I wish I had had a friend like you when we were raising our girls...you could have instilled some wisdom in me. I look back at all the mistakes that I have made as a mom...hindsight and all and wish for a do over. Sounds as though you are enjoying each and every moment that you have with the littles.

Jessi -in love with her family of four said...

I love you and that sweet family of yours so much!! I love how honest you are and how it keeps my eyes wide open. These beautiful, chaotic, loud messy moments are precious and fleeting!! You make me better and I love you for that! These days and years are short, let's soak it all in;) I am blessed beyond measure to have you as my iron!

YaYa and Pops said...

Oh ya, this was so sweet Stace. You amaze me every day. I am blessed to know you and have you as my best friend. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails