Thursday, September 13, 2012

Cake's Singing "Doe a Dear"

This morning when I woke, up two of the three kiddos that were in our room were gone.  I didn't hear any commotion and b/c Suzannah was one of them I decided that they were fine and I could to go ahead and get ready for the day instead of going out to check on them.....where I would immediately be accosted with hugs and requests for food.  I took my time and eventually Will woke up.  I scooped him up and headed out to the kitchen.

There before me were my three bigs cooking pancakes with big grins on their faces!!!!!  The girls have made breakfast several times (baked oatmeal, oatmeal, and scrambled eggs and toast) but I've always been in and out of the kitchen.  This time they didn't even wake me.  Apparently they had asked Billy to get them up early because they wanted to make me breakfast in bed!!!  So sweet.  Suzannah doubled the recipe (by herself!) and only used the 1/2 cup measuring cup.  It was a proud moment for this homeschooling momma ;)  It is so hard to accept that they are growing up sometimes, but there are so many wonderful things that come along with them getting older.  Suzannah was so excited that she wanted to invite Ya-Ya and Pops over to share.  They set the the table and everything. Then they waited on the driveway until they arrived.  It was really fun.  I wish I had taken some pictures!

After Mom and Dad left, the bigs wanted to go sketch outside.  Because I am trying to be a more relaxed homeschooler and a more grace filled momma, I said yes.  I pretty much felt lost without them.  So the only natural thing to do was to play house with Charley Kate....and Will.  We had a blast.  While Ck was "working" in the kitchen preparing us some food she was singing "Doe a Dear" and I decided I needed to tape it.  She has always been a good little singer and she normally gets more of the words right, but I thought I'd share.  :)

video

Hahaha!  I love that as soon as she was finished she immediately said, "Now where's a plate!?"  She is sweet and sassy.  That bit of spice at the end is something we are working on.  She goes through phases where she is more gentle, but lately she has been pretty short.  This kind of thing is usually a reflection on the "phase" I'm going through.  My children are such little mirrors.  Sometimes it's painful.  But all this is another post in the making.  It's been an exhausting week.  Mostly because I feel like God is graciously opening my eyes to so much......and learning isn't always easy.....but it's worth it.....as long as your head doesn't explode! 

7 comments:

Jess said...

Her singing is too cute. Also, one of my favorite songs. So I may have listened to her sing 1 or 6 times. What a wonderful surprise that they made you breakfast in bed!

Grams said...

How fun! What a great way to start your day. Love to hear CK's sweet voice:))

jennifer said...

Precious! Squeeze her for me! Her hair is getting so long.

TexasNeals said...

jess, i'm glad i'm not the only one that kept pushing play ;)

Eric Neville said...

I think Colter is in LOVE! He's asked me to play "Kate" again & again :) Hopefully some day he can meet her! She's precious!

Eric Neville said...

That last comment was me, Jill :)

TexasNeals said...

jill, let's put it in writing!!! we are all in! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails