Friday, August 24, 2012

Back Blog: Q and the Big 1-0

Ten years ago this precious girl made me a mommy!  She came into the world 3 weeks early weighing in at a whopping 5 pounds 11 ounces.  She was small but totally healthy!

She was beautiful!  I love all my children and think they are all beautiful but I have to admit that although I saw by babies as perfect blessings, they did not all look overly atheistically pleasing immediately upon entering this world.  But Suzannah was purty from the start.  By far my most high need baby, by far!  No one had told her that "pretty is as pretty does" yet!


I had big plans for an extra special celebration for her tenth birthday, but we were unable to follow through with my plans.  So we owe her ;)  Instead it was a bulldog family party.


My mom made her a cupcake cake again this year.  You can see why she was paid to make cakes for years!



I cannot believe that she is in the double digits!!!!!











My dearest first born,
I can not tell you how incredibly blessed I feel to have been able to be a mother to you for a decade!!!!  Being your mother is the greatest honor I have ever been given and you make it all my joy.  Watching you grow from a tiny baby to a big ten year old has been incredible!  The things you have overcome and learned and the ways you have grown have been fascinating to watch.  Part of me hates for you to grow up, but another part of me is so excited!  I love you more deeply than I knew possible and I want you with me always.  I want to always know you as well as I know you right now.  But I know that the day will come for you to start your own life and I know how exciting it will be for you.  I pray that the Lord will give daddy and I the wisdom we need to equip you for life out from under our wings.  I pray that you always keep your beautiful spirit.  I pray that you will guard your heart and make every effort to keep it soft.  Being tender can be painful, but it is the tender hearts that most easily hear God.  He will always guide you and I pray that you will always abide in Him.  You are possibly the most amazing person I know.  Your potential is through the roof.  I pray that in anything and everything you do, you will use your gifts and talents to serve and love others.  I love you so much!  You thrill my soul!  Happy birthday precious one!

Love,
 Mommy

3 comments:

Jessi -in love with her family of four said...

Happy Belated Birthday Suzy Q. So beautifully written for such a beautiful Young Lady. I love y'all

YaYa and Pops said...

Ya, what she said! You're my sweety Q.

YaYa and Pops said...

Ya, what she said! You're my sweety Q.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails