Tuesday, July 17, 2012

First Day of School 2012

Yesterday was our first day of school.  Things went alright.....Will is just busy, busy!!!!  And was very distracting.  I'm going to have to figure out how to keep him quiet and out of the chairs!  I had him in his highchair for a bit and on my hip some, but other than that....he was a problem!  ;)

My big fifth grader.  I can't believe it.  That's too old!  I TOTALLY remember fifth grade and I thought I was big stuff.  She's too little.  This isn't right!

Second grade!  Seems like Suzannah should be in the second grade!  Oh, Molly Beth, slow down!

This boy is so proud to be in Kindergarten!  Can you tell!!!! ;)  My little Jack-Jack!

And don't tell this one she's not doing "real" school!  She is all business with her work!  I'll have to post pictures of it.  She's ahead of herself and will probably be ready for Kindergarten next year!!!!


Lots more drawing and illustrating concepts this year!  Everyone is excited about that!

And the trouble maker!

If only he wasn't so cute!  I'd lock him outside during school!  Ha!

We survived the first day and have big hopes for this year.  Our focus is so much more on spiritual things than years past.  We have always "done" Bible" and memorized scripture, but this year I am really wanting my attitude and choices to show them that academics is a good thing but a relationship with God and understanding of the scriptures and the ability to listen and follow Him are what is important. I really think this is going to be our best year yet!!!  Regardless of what Charley Kate thinks ;)

6 comments:

jennifer said...

I am so sorry but I love that last picture and I also think your kiddos are all too little for the grades they are in.

TexasNeals said...

haha! i love it too. she wanted to eat lunch RIGHT. THEN. the nerve of me asking to take a picture first!!!! i declare! ;)

Marie said...

Super excited for you! A bit jealous that you have started, but I am no where near ready. I still have to get some curriculum. I am lacking, reading, grammar, history and science...but hoping to get those ordered with in the next few weeks. I cant wait to see all you do! I am trying to put an emphasis on God this year and in forming a relationship with him...

Jessi -in love with her family of four said...

Bwaahahahaha that is so stinking cute...:)

TexasNeals said...

That's so great Marie!!!! And really, isn't that one of the greatest things about homeschooling?! I hope you have a fantastic year!!!!! :)

TexasNeals said...

Ain't she a mess?! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails