~In my life this week…It's been a really nice week. The weather has been hot but nice. The garden is still doing well. Beans are tapering off but the peppers and squash continue to produce. My tomatoes that I planted super late and didn't think would make it are producing the sweetest plum sized tomatoes! And we have four cantaloupes so far! The pumpkin vines are out of control but who knows if we'll get any?
~In our home school this week…So far so good. Will is a challenge but it got easier as the week progressed. Now that his cuspids are through he should pick his morning nap back up and that will help a lot!
~Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…hmmmmm,make sure you have all your papers printed off for the week before hand. Because if you wait to do it the morning of, your printer might, for some unknown reason, decide not to print. ahem.
~I am inspired by…this interview.
~Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…Suzannah went into work with Billy this morning!! They were having a raffle to raise money for The Walk to Cure Diabetes and she got to draw the name! They raised almost $500! She thought it was so awesome to get to go to work with Daddy!
~My favorite thing this week was…We made fossil traces out of salt dough. It was very "fun home school mom".....not like me at all! hahaha! ;) The next day we painted them. They turned out so pretty.
- What’s working/not working for us…illustrating and narrating our history and science is working beautifully. Lunch at a decent hour is not working! I'm sure it's just b/c it's the first week (I hope!), but it's been at least 1:00 before I'm fixing lunch!! :s
- Questions/thoughts I have…I need to make sure not to get so caught up in school reading that I don't make time for reading to Charlotte!!
- Things I’m working on…having a more relaxed approach. I know things are more successful and enjoyable when I don't watch the clock and just go with the flow....it's just so far from the way I like to do things, but I'm doing better all the time.
- We're reading…
- I’m cooking…pizza for dinner, it's movie night!
- I’m grateful for…Texas home school laws! I'm so thankful that I'm able to teach my children however I think is best for them.
- I’m praying for…patience and grace. I want to deal with the craziness of any given day with patience and grace and just roll with it!
- A photo, video, link, or quote to share…“A true Christian must not be a slave to what’s currently ‘in-fashion,’ if he wants to train his child for heaven. He must not be content to teach them and instruct them in certain ways, merely because it is customary, or to allow them to read books of a questionable sort, merely because everybody else reads them, or to let them form bad habits, merely because they are the habits of the day. He must train with an eye to his children’s souls. He must not be ashamed to hear his training called odd and strange. What if it is? The time is short—the customs of this world are passing away. He that has trained his children for heaven, rather than for the earth—for God, rather than for man—he is the parent that will be called wise in the end.”~ J.C. Ryle