Thursday, January 19, 2012

Our Happy New Year's

We had a fun New Year's celebration.  Billy's mom was in town which made it extra special.  We started it off right by having black eyed peas and corn bread at my folks house!  It. was. so. good.  Then we played In a Pickle.  The verdict is still out on if we'll play it ever again!  HA!  I think the rules were a little too vague for our liking, but it made for some good laughs.  :)

Billy, his mom and Suzannah headed to pick up fireworks and I took everyone else home to get them ready for bed.  When it got dark we bundled up and went outside of the show ;)

Our children are afraid of sparklers...I know!  ?!?  So he got some of these incredibly long ones!!!  It helped a little.







Billy set up some seating for the spectators and started setting everything up

while the kids ate pop rocks.

Have I ever mentioned how much I love this man?! He is so fun!!!  :)

Ooooooooo!

Aaaaaaaaa!

Then we came back in to warm up and toast and kiss to the new year!  :)

I forgot to mention that Cakes fell asleep in the car and missed out on all the fun :(  Oh well, next year maybe she'll be able to stay awake!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails