Friday, January 27, 2012

My Mother-in-Law


I have been wanting to do a little post about my mother in law for a long time now, but just haven't gotten to it.  When she comes to visit I take a picture with her and the kids under the gazeebo and this is the one we took this visit.
Vail is the kind of mother in law any wife would hope to get when she gets married.  I have heard horror stories about mothers in law and anyone that has seen Everybody Loves Raymond would think twice about marrying!!!  But I have to say how thankful I am for Vail.  I know that no one is good enough for your kids.  And Billy's mom loves him with all her heart.  And I am FAR from perfect.  Even I know that I'm not good enough for Billy, but his mother has NEVER made me feel that way.  She isn't critical!  When she comes to visit I don't have to worry about her walking through the house and seeing the cobwebs and looking for messes so that she can point out my shortcomings.  She has never criticized my parenting and I KNOW I have a long way to go in that department.  She is such an example of grace.  She has never made Billy feel like he has to choose her or me.  She has never made me feel ex centric for homeschooling even though she was a public school teacher.  I am just so grateful for her.  I hope that I can be as good of a mother in law as she is.  I can imagine that it isn't easy.  Watching your baby love another woman besides you....and then seeing her be impatient with him or treat him any number of ways that you don't feel like he deserves.  To be unsure of how much you should say or do in regards to the children.  To wonder if your daughter in law appreciates you.  Well, I know that my day is coming.  The day my boys will love another woman and move away from me.  I will have to share them and my grandchildren.  I will have to have self control....and grace.  I am SO thankful for the example she has been to me.  I love you Vail.  And I appreciate you so much!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails