Sunday, January 15, 2012

Christmas 2011

We had a great Christmas this year.  It was our smallest Christmas gift wise in my whole life.  Billy has tried to reign me in for years and finally I agreed.  I read a great article about a family that keeps their Christmas's reasonable by using this guideline:
~Something they want
~Something they need
~Something to wear
~Something to read

It was perfect and made for an extremely enjoyable Christmas morning!!!  :)

Santa came!

 The anticipation was almost more than they could handle!

The big guy did not disappoint this year :)













We had our traditional Christmas breakfast of sausage balls, monkey bread, fruit and eggnog.  Looks like someone was sneaking monkey bread!  ;)

Will was happy with his loot.  But mostly they paper!




 We always get Dad coal in some form.  The kids think it's hilarious!  This year it was in the form of crispy chocolate.  Not too bad!

We get him real presents too.


My favorite gift to receive from the kids is coupons!  They are SO much fun!  It's neat to see what they come up w/


We love Chuck around here!!!

Daddy loves coupons too!


 













 But wait!  What's that?  There in the tree!  I thought Christmas was over, but no, there's more!!!!!!  It's MP3 players!!!  SO exciting!  ;)  My parents used to do this.  The "but wait, there's more just when you think it's over" so we have passed this tradition down.  It's my favorite part!  :)

 Ah, yes.  Our "holy pete, we were up till 2 and got Christmas ready for 5 children and we survived!" photo.

 The kids headed outside to ride their bikes while we got ready for lunch at my folks house.  This year Billy made his Grandmothers dressing and squash casserole by himself!!!!  

 Mom and Billy slaved in the kitchen.

 And Charlotte and I watched ;)

After our delicious Christmas feast we just lounged around for the rest of the day.  It was such a nice Christmas and it's been such a wonderful year.  I am continually amazed at God's goodness.  

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails