Sunday, November 20, 2011

Mother's Day

*Yes, I'm JUST now getting around to posting about Mother's Day.  I'll be putting it back in my archives but will leave it here for a few days.

Mother's day this year was great....except that I had mastitis.  If you've had mastitis you know that it feels like you have the flu....and worse.  Luckily it was just coming on and I was stubborn enough that I wanted to take my mom out for lunch.

The kids woke me up w/ breakfast in bed, sweet cards, a spa gift card (a MUST for every new mother!) and chocolate!!!  It doesn't get better than that!  I felt very loved and appreciated.


My precious little blessings!!!!!!!


And my amazing mother.  I've posted and gone on and on about her many times.  So I'll keep it brief.  She is my hero and everything I aspire to be.  I wish everyone was lucky enough to have a mother like mine.  She is such a godly example of spiritual maturity and a role model I'm thankful I was able to have and that my children get to have!  She is able to be tough and honest and keep me in line (still) but her humbleness and gentleness are evident to all.  She is the closest thing to a Proverbs 31 woman I've ever known...and she's MY mother!  I'm so very thankful God gave her to me.


On Mother's Day I am particularly sensitive to the fact that she is missing one of her children.  Her only son.  It's a big hole in her heart.  She walks around and feels like she's missing an appendage, but she does it w/ such grace and hope that you would never know the ache she feels daily.  Anyway, on Mother's Day I try to give her something from both of us.  Something that makes her feel like Ryan is able to thank her for being such an amazing mom...b/c I know he thinks that.

I had an outline of his hand from a quilt that I was making for Suzannah (still haven't pieced it together even :s ) and I've always loved this little saying so it all just came together in my head.  Originally it was going to be a pillow for the couch in their den, but my brother's hand was so enormous the whole thing ended up being too big.  I wasn't really sure what to do w/ it so I just gave her the pillow top.  She got the wonderful idea to mat and frame it.  I think it came out beautifully!



Being able to celebrate being a mother by spending the day w/ my sweet babies, my own mother and the men that made both possible is all I could ever ask for.  I am so thankful to get to be a mother and can honestly say that I don't take it for granted.  It is a gift like no other and a true honor.

2 comments:

Jessi -in love with her family of four said...

Such a great post, and such a beautiful gift that you were able to give your momma!!! I know it did more for her than you could ever know! Ahhh, so wonderful.

YaYa and Pops said...

I am the one who is so blessed. Thank you for the kind words....and for being such a wonderful daughter and friend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails