Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Happy Father's Day

It has been so long since I've posted!!!!  Our computer died so we were w/o a PC for awhile and well, it's just very busy around here!  I have lots to post about and hopefully I'll be able to start catching up as I can but I thought I'd go ahead and post about our Father's Day for now.
We were smart and started celebrating the wonderful fathers in our lives the night before.  We took my Dad and Billy out to dinner and had a great time.


I thought the shirt was very fitting for the occasion.  ;)

My Dad, wearing one of Ryan's shirts...which I think is so neat.

Then Sunday morning we made cinnamon rolls (they were actually frozen, recipe on my food blog) and took Billy breakfast in bed.  Quickly followed by the giving of the cards.

Ck was very proud of her card.  I had traced her little hand and then let her color on the card.  I thought it was pretty cute that she colored fingernail polish on each of the fingers.

Jack explaining his abstract art.

B showing off her sticker love.

Suzannah is such a mess.  She drew a monster on the back of his card as a joke and thought it was hilarious!!!!

She originally wrote "I ♥ monsters"  but then decided it would be more funny if she wrote "YOU ♥ monsters"...like I said, a mess ;)

We let him finish his breakfast in peace while reading a new book and when he was done surprised him w/ his real Father's Day present!

A new tool box!!!!  Now we'll finally be able to find the tool we need right when we need it!!!  And then lock them up!!!


Billy is such a wonderful Daddy.  He works hard for them and in his spare time does his best to meet their individual needs.  Be it; wrestling, reading, playing, doing flash cards, driving them down the street on the mower, laughing at their "jokes" for the umpteenth time, checking their sugar and getting them juice at 2 in the morning no matter how tired he is, dancing with them, praying for them, praying with them, being a godly example and loving their mother better than anyone deserves.  They are extremely blessed to have him as their father and they know it!!  They wouldn't trade him for anything :)
 And neither would I!!!

I didn't get a picture of my Dad after church but we went over to their house for dinner and small group so we grabbed a more casual shot then.  I love my Dad so much!!!  I am thankful for him and for all that he has taught me....and continues to teach me. 


And lastly, I've never posted about Billy's dad at Father's Day, but I felt like I should.  I didn't know him very well, but I know he was a great father b/c of the legacy he left behind in his children and the stories they share.  I'm thankful for the way he raised Billy and I know that Billy is a great daddy b/c he had a great example.  Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful men that help raise wonderful children :)

1 comment:

Amy S. said...

Stacy, I LOVE that picture of Suzannah laughing at her own card and Billy's face - just trying to humor her. I can so relate to those moments. Too cute!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails