Wednesday, March 23, 2011

3 Week Count Down!!



It's crazy to think that I only have 3 weeks till my due date!  Now, whether or not that means 3 weeks to baby or not is yet to be determined!  HA!  I can't imagine going past my due date this time....but you never know w/ babies....especially mine!
I have felt mostly good.  I'm getting to that uncomfortable part where sitting is tricky and so is sleeping.  My pelvis and hip bones are really bothering me...so I guess I'm getting close.  I'm pretty tired.  I fall asleep when I put Charley Kate down for a nap every day!  I'm eating everything in sight!!!!  I'm carrying this baby higher than my others so you'd think my stomach would be smooshed and there wouldn't be any room, but I seem to be a bottomless pit!  And the scales are reflecting it!  But again, that's a good thing b/c I need that "nursing fat."  The only real craving I've had this time is milk.  I can't get enough milk!!!  I want it w/ everything I eat and cereal or granola is irresistible to me!
The only weird thing about this pregnancy is that he is only on one side.  He is totally and completely, 100% of him on my right side!  The midwife said that maybe as he grew all my "guts" got pushed to the left?  It's weird!  You'd think my belly would look lopsided but it doesn't?
I'm trying to get things ready for him being here.  I've started on my freezer stuff and continue filling bags.  His clothes and blankets are washed and put away.  And thanks to my 2 beautiful and bestest girl friends throwing me a shower, I have diapers and an A.W.E.S.O.M.E. carrier that he'll live in for probably the first 6 weeks of his life!  HA! :)

As soon as I got home from the shower I tried it on.  Yup, it's so awesome you can even wear it comfortably carting around an almost 2 year old while your pregnant!  SO awesome!




I am trying not to get anxious about the when and how of his birth.  Trying to focus on enjoying my baby girl as my baby for these last few weeks.  Trying to enjoy all the precious movements inside of me and him being as close to me as he'll ever be.  Trying to have faith that He is in control and that everything ALWAYS turns out right.
We are going to be done w/ school after this week and I am SO looking forward to a break.  We haven't taken time off since January and it is time!!!  That will give me more time to finish up the house, get the yard ready for summer and finish up the freezer meals.  I'm not making as much as I did last time, but enough to help us get through those first 2 weeks or so.  Here's what I'm working on:

Breakfast stuff:
Blueberry Muffins
Banana Muffins
Raspberry Muffins
Waffles
Breakfast Burritos
Cinnamon rolls

Lunch stuff:
Pizza Pockets
Bean Burritos

Dinner stuff:
~3 Cheese Spaghetti, French Garlic Loaf, salad
~Sloppy Joes, Sweet Potato Fries, Corn, salad
~Chicken Pot Pie
~Shepherds Pie, Rolls
~Chicken Enchiladas, Spanish Rice, Salad
~Garden Chowder, Cheddar Garlic Biscuits
~Chili, Corn Bread
~Lasagna, French Garlic Loaf, salad
~Chicken Spaghetti, Green Beans, Salad
~Chicken Tortilla Soup
~Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Steamed Broccoli, Squash Casserole, Rolls
~Hamburgers, Pasta Salad, Chips, Veggie Dippers

Dessert
~chocolate chip oatmeal cookies
~snicker doodles

So, 3ish weeks to go till numero cinco!  Deep breath....we're gonna make it!

3 comments:

Davies Family said...

Hang in there these last 3 weeks! For me, the last few weeks always felt longer than the rest of the pregnancy...it was hard to wait when I felt ready to pop. :) You look beautiful, by the way! Also, I'm really bad about not taking the time to comment anymore on blogs, but just wanted to take a minute to say thanks for being such an encouragement in your posts. And, it's fun to see how your family is growing too! :)

Dawn said...

Hi Stacey! We were in Shantih&Knights together at Harding and I found your blog a while back from someone else's, but I don't think I've ever commented. It's been fun to read b/c your youngest and my girl are close in age and we are expecting a boy this summer. I hope the last 3 weeks go well for you! You are an inspiration and encouragement to me- I don't see how you get it all done!! :-) By the way, which carrier did you get? I think I will use one with this baby!

TexasNeals said...

Stacy-Thank you! I enjoy your blog too!! We miss you guys.

Dawn-I was so excited to see your picture!!! Your baby girl is SO cute! I can't wait to spend a little time catching up w/ your blog :) I'm glad that I'm an encouragement...but don't for a minute think that I "get it all done!" I'm FAR from that! ;) The carrier I got was an Ergo. I have NEVER heard anything bad about them. They are expensive, but I think you'll get your money's worth in the end! It's so great to hear from you!!!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails