Saturday, February 12, 2011

Love Munch

 
So I invented a snack mix.  It's basically based on a recipe I found in a Gooseberry Patch recipe book.  I named it Love Munch....funny, huh?  I've been going valentine crazy since January!  A big change I'm making this year is to force myself to do more seasonal/holiday stuff.  It's an attempt to make fun memories for my kids and to be an outlet to all my bottled up creativity.  I've learned that when I can't be creative for too long, I get very stressed and crabby.  Sounds weird to some of you I'm sure.  ANYWAY, the greatest thing is that I'm committed to getting all my stuff done a month in advance!!!  So far so good.  The only hiccup was the Valentine's Day cards that we have to mail out to everyone....the weather caused them to get here late.  So, the cards will be late, but everything else was taken care of in January!  Will I be able to keep it up all year?  We'll see.  ;)


So, here it is, Love Munch (hee, hee):

1 c. of pretzel sticks broken in half
2 c. of pretzel sticks whole
1 1/2 c. of rice Chex
1 1/2 c. of corn Chex
1/2 c. Craisins
1/2 c. pecan halves and pieces
1/2 c. cashew halves
1 c. valentine colored M&Ms
12 oz. white melting chocolate, chopped

In a large bowl combine everything but the chocolate.
In a microwave safe bowl zap the chocolate for 1 minute.  Stir.  Zap again for 30 seconds.
Pour over pretzel mixture and stir to coat.  Pour out on wax paper and let cool.  When cool, break it up into desired size and place in airtight container.

My family is loving this stuff!  Suzannah even said, "When I'm a Mommy will you give me this recipe?"  Ha!  Hope you enjoy it too.  :)

3 comments:

YaYa and Pops said...

You've got a wittness! That stuff is "lovely"!!!

YaYa and Pops said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grams said...

sounds yummy! Is it restricted to Valentine's day or can you fix it when you have ummm out of town company for example?? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails