Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!


A new year.  Full of promise and hope.  Endless possibilities and potential!  So exciting.  I don't know what this year has in store for us, but I know who does.  I know that He has a perfect plan for us this year with many blessing and lessons in store.  All things to make us better and stronger and closer to Him and better at loving others.

I have a few resolutions:
A big one that encompasses a lot of things is
*make our home a haven of peace.  I hope to share some things through this journey.  Practical things and things I've learned.  Successes and failures to learn from.
A not so big one but one that I think will really benefit us for reasons I've shared before
*make green smoothies every day!  This is a little and simple thing that will be really good for us.  But I want to do better w/ what we eat in general.  I go through phases where I'm better about what we eat, but I've hit a slump and I am using the New Year to get out of it.
Getting organized is an ongoing goal and big part of making our home a haven of peace.  I want to have what we need and need what we have.  And I want to know where to find it!!  This year I have specific areas that I want to get organized
*get the pantry cleaned out and stocked up
*get the freezers cleaned out and stocked up
*get the closets and dressers cleaned out and organized!!!

 "Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun."

While I believe these goals have pure motives, I realize that being organized and healthy is meaningless.  Meaningless compared to the law we are under.  The command given to us straight from the lips of Jesus.  To LOVE.  To love others.  To love others like we love ourselves.  To love others the way He loves them.

So it only seems natural for my last and biggest resolution to be
*to love better.  I am so bad about holding my love back when I'm fearful of getting hurt.  I want to love with abandon this year.  I want to love w/o fear!!!  I want to love knowing that my Father can heal any hurt that comes about...especially as a result of letting myself be vulnerable by loving others.  I need to be a better example of love for my kids.  I don't want them to grow up holding back their love for fear of being hurt b/c that's the example they had.  AND I want to love myself better.  Better self talk.  More grace!  Why is it so much easier to extend grace to others than to ourselves?  We deserve grace too.  So I'm going to cut myself a little more slack this year and do better at loving my self.  And as I said b/f, this is extra important b/c I truly believe that we are able to love others better when we are able to love ourselves!

My prayer for you this new year is that you will trust in the LORD and do good;
that you will dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
That you will delight yourself in the LORD and that he will give you the desires of your heart!!!

Happy 2011

3 comments:

jaymie said...

I read your post, then clicked over to one of my ACU friend's blogs and there was her Holiday card and I thought the saying went perfectly with what you said on your blog!! :)

http://annaleeper.blogspot.com/2011/01/first-impressions-on-first.html

all4memories said...

All I can say is, "WOW!" That last paragraph struck me, and I can barely type because of the tears streaming down my face. I've really been struggling. My husband is absolutely my best friend here on earth, and I have a few lady friends, but no one that I'm really that close to. I've been praying about God helping me to discover what may be the cause, and I can't help but think this must be it or at least a part of it! I feel like I always have a wall built around my heart from past hurts and fear of future ones that keep me from loving others and giving of myself more. My childhood was a little rough, and I think that plays a part in it, too, but I know God can heal, and that's what I'm going to focus on and ask God to help me with.

Thank you so much for always being so transparent. It encourages me to know that there are others out there struggling in some of the same areas as myself.

May God bless you and your family this year, and may He lead, guide, and direct you as you share your heart.

Amy S. said...

Beautiful post, Stacy. It gave me so much to think about. I hope you are feeling well! Baby boy will be here before you know it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails