Monday, January 31, 2011

Baking is Better w/ Friends!!!

Sweet Jessi asked if I'd come over some afternoon and walk her through bread making in exchange for fun girl time and chicken salad sandwiches (my favorite!).  Well, after weeks of attempting, we were finally able to make it happen!  We had a blast.  The kids had a ball playing w/ Grayson and all his great toys.  I got to soak in some chubby lovin' on baby Addi.  And Jessi and I were able to catch up after way too long!

We had great success w/ our bread.  They all turned out beautifully and  Jessi caught on really quickly!  Here's a shot of the cooks and the loaves of our labor.  One white loaf, 3 freshly ground whole wheat honey loaves, and one cinnamon raisin loaf.

I know.  You can smell it, can't you!!!  This recipe is SO easy and turns out perfect every time!  The recipe is on my recipe blog if you want to make some and see for yourself!  :)

 And here's Miss Thang!  I love Jessi Lyn!  She's so sweet and so much fun.  She was so proud of her bread and super excited to get started making bread for her family on a regular basis.  I love that she puts her family first in everything.  All of her desires center around helping them and showing them how much she loves them.  She is such an inspiration to me and I'm so thankful that I got to spend the afternoon w/ her!!!

6 comments:

Cheri said...

Yes..yes..I can smell the bread and now I'll have to go over to your recipes and get them...yum!

Jess said...

I am going to try your recipe. I LOVE fresh bread and so far every loaf I had made from scratch has turned out too dense and gross to eat.

Natalie Ensor said...

going to your recipe blog,like, NOW! These loaves look amazing and just made this preggo girl crave them!

Natalie Ensor said...

I know I already commented but came to check to see if there was a new post and about fell out of my chair seeing that picture of the fresh loaf again. Not viewing your page until it is safe. So yummy! I need fresh baked bread like now. HAHA!

TexasNeals said...

natalie,
I LAUGHED OUT LOUD!!!!!! :D

Jessi -in love with her family of four said...

ohhhh it was so much fun...The bread was seriously so delish people!!! It tastes even better than it looks if that is even possible....And you my sweet friend, are soup for my soul... So refreshing when you are around:D
Thank you again so very much...Now, when are you teaching me how to crochet??? is that how you spell that?:D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails