Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas @ the Courthouse

We have been so busy this month!  And I don't know if it's going to let up until January?!  Sigh.  It's a crazy time of year and I'm trying to keep my wits about me and enjoy all of this instead of stressing and just "making it though it."
This past weekend some sweet friends invited us to the courthouse for the big winter wonderland deal they had set up.  The weather was just perfect.  It was cold, but not miserable like the last time we went!

Here's the three bigs w/ their little friend Caleb.
  

And here's the little w/ my main squeeze.

The first thing we did was wait in line for a horse and buggy ride.  It was really nice.  The kids thought it was great.
This is our friends on the left: Chris, Becky and Caleb.


Loving the stair step of my precious babies!


Then it was time to see Santa!  YAY!  It was so funny b/c you expect Santa to have a deep "HO, HO, HO" voice, but not when it's Happy the clown!  Hahahaha!  He was so cute and sweet to the kiddos. And it was a LOT cheaper than the Santa at the mall!  ;)


Next it was time for sledding!  In East Texas this just doesn't happen, so the kids were thrilled!!!  They wanted to do it more!


This was Jack's expression when he got off!  That was the highlight of the night!


And our last stop was to see the winter train display.  The boys especially loved it.  These two are big train fans so it went over very well!  I couldn't even get them to look away to get a picture!


It was lots of fun and a tradition for our family.  This was the first time we've gone w/ friends, but hopefully not the last.  We had a great time!  Thanks Becky :)

2 comments:

Piano mom said...

We were scheduled to go, but baby K had a bad cough, so the cold weather was not in her best interest, so maybe next year.

Sounds like a lot of fun.

Jess said...

Looks like it was a lot of fun. I am glad you are trying to slow down and enjoy things. It is really easy to get overwhelmed and just sort of make it through, which is how this December seems to be going for me. I have made up my mind that next week I am putting the brakes on and just enjoying no matter what.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails