Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook


For TODAY...

Outside My Window...the grass is brown, my kiddos are barefoot...and their feet are brown and fall is finally here!

I am thinking...that it's finally almost 5 and I'm ready for my hubby to be home♥.

I am thankful for...this wonderful fall weather!  It's just beautiful.  We are loving all these picnic lunches!

From the learning room...our first day of school in October today.  We're learning the Lord's prayer this month.  I yelled at my kids to stop, whatever it was they were doing, while going over the. Lord's. prayer.  sigh...

From the kitchen...my Mom gave me a frozen meatloaf a couple weeks back.  Bless her.  It's in the oven right now.

I am wearing...our shirt from THE WALK, grey sweat pants and striped socks...the same thing I slept in last night.

I am creating...another human being.  That's all.  No biggie.  And I have no energy for anything else.

I am praying..ahhh, for direction, and peace, and patience (always) and wisdom, and patience.

I am reading...nothing.  I don't even have the energy to read! HA!

I am hoping...that the gash on Charley Kate's sweet little white forehead won't leave to terrible of a scar.

I am hearing...the faint sound of children playing outside and the not so faint sound of a child inside, wanting to go out!

Around the house...it's change of season.  Which means bins and clothes swapping, new socks and undershirts, hand-me-downs and the hope of organized drawers.

One of my favorite things...oh, so many.  I'm just too tired to recall some specific things.  But I'm so thankful to be able to gush over my kids to my Mom.  There aren't very many people that want to hear you say how smart or cute or sweet your kids is over and over!!!  But she does, and she agrees...which makes it that much more fun!  :)

A few plans for the rest of the week...mercy, is it only Tuesday?  I guess all we really have planned is park day Thursday.  I think?

Here is a picture I am sharing...


This is my favorite nephew in the whole wide world and my sweet Cakes at Billy's Granny's in PA this summer.  They were so sweet to each other and I was able to catch a few precious moments.


Awww, kissin cousins!

Love him!  Miss him!

3 comments:

Jess said...

Sweet sweet!

jennifer said...

Be still my heart....thanks for those.

michelle said...

Charley Kate and Baby Nephew is too precious! AAhhhhh! I can't wait to try those cookie bars. Yum!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails