Monday, September 13, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

OK, this isn't a "cooking" blog, but it seems like lately that's about all I manage to get up!  I'm really wanting to do better about blogging.  And I've got to get our first day of school post up!!!!  Sheesh....I need to get on the ball.  Seems like I'm playing catch up around here.  I had forgotten about the challenge of school and house work, etc.
Alright enough excuses.  All I'm putting up for the menu this week is dinners.  Breakfasts pretty much stay the same around here (w/ the exception of the weekends) and lunches are usually leftovers, some kind of salad, sandwiches or pasta.
So, here ya go.

M:
*this is another recipe that we really enjoy from the Easy Weeknights cookbook.  I usually double it to feed our family.  I recommend this cookbook.  It has a ton of super simple and delicious recipes.  We've enjoyed everything we've tried in it.  You can get it at Amazon.  If you decide to order it, feel free to use my Amazon store on the sidebar, thanks.  :)
Black Beans and Saffron Rice, pineapple, spinach salad

T:
Texas Enchiladas, Guacamole and chips

W:
@ Mom's  I'll take dessert-peach and blueberry pie

T:
Stir Fry over rice

F:
Tin foil dinners.....I'm getting in the mood to go camping!!!!  This is a new version that we'll be trying.  If they turn out yummy I'll share the recipe!   :)

S:
Pioneer Woman's Chicken Fried Steak, Mashed potatoes, green beans, salad.

S:
Quiche

Black Beans and Saffron Rice:
*I double this.
-1 5oz/ pkg. saffron rice mix
-1 15oz. can black beans
-3 Tbs. lime juice (I don't double this....I find it makes it too tart)
-1 tsp chili powder
-1/2 tsp. ground cumin
-2 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro, divided
Cook rice according to package.
Drain beans, reserving 2 Tbs. liquid.  Combine beans, reserved liquid, lime juice, chili powder, and cumin in a saucepan.
Cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated;stir in 1 Tbs. cilantro.
Serve beans over rice, and sprinkle w/ remaining Tbs. cilantro.
Top w/ sour cream. 

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!!!  And hopefully I'll see you back here w/ some pictures of my kids!!

1 comment:

Laura said...

My Favorite Cookbook of all time!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails