Have you been getting enough greens lately? Sometimes it can be hard. You can sneak them into salad or saute them w/ onions, but getting kiddos to willingly consume Poppey's favorite isn't always easy.
Here are some amazing facts about greens:
- Contain vitamins C, E, and K
- High in Beta-Carotene
- Minerals- high in iron, calcium and many important trace minerals as well
- Greens have phytonutrients and antioxidants, which protect cells from damage (may help to prevent cancer, among other things)
- Amino acids (the building blocks of protein- greens contain more than you might think!)
- Improve quality and quantity of red blood cells, as well as circulation
- Help to eliminate bad breath
- Detoxifying for the body because of their chlorophyll content (this is what makes them green), which supports the liver and helps to pull toxins, including heavy metals, out of the body
- Contain crucial Omega-3 fatty acids (not mentioned in the video- but very important!)
- Lastly, greens are also high in enzymes (which aid digestion), they boost energy levels, they help to strengthen the immune system and more!
BUT if you want to cheat...or are new to the smoothie thing and a little nervous or skeptical, this is a foolproof way to please even the pickiest of palates and still get those greens!