Thursday, September 16, 2010

First Day of School

Ok, so we actually started school back in August, but I've been having a lack of blog motivation so I'm just now getting to posting these pictures.
My sweet PreSchool Boy

My big Kindergarten Girl

My big THIRD GRADER!!!!

I went into this year very nervous about how on earth to schedule our time!  I knew that each would need one on one time and I just wasn't sure how that would work.  I knew that I needed to figure Ck into the equasion too and I had no idea what that would look like.  I also knew that I wanted to keep the main things the main things.  I wanted to make sure circle time had a big time box and that chores and habit time had a big time box.  Then there was actual "school" time and read aloud time and eat time and rest time.  Sigh.  How on earth would it work out?

I started with a list (which is how EVERYTHING starts w/ me! ;) of all the things I needed to squeeze into my days.  I then broke things down into time boxes.  Time boxes are chunks of time for specific activities.  It worked like a charm!!!  I still have a few kinks to work out, but I think we're off to a pretty good start.

We are only doing school 4 days a week.  That's why we start a little early and go a little late.  I need the flexibility.  Life happenes and for me knowing that if I need a tuesday off I can.  I like to save it for Friday, but that's only happened twice so far!!! HA!

I'm so thankful to be able to homeschool.  I think it is such an important thing for our family!  I hope this will be a wonderful year!  :)

3 comments:

YaYa and Pops said...

You are just amazing. I don't know how you ever figured out how to do all of this! You need to write a book!!

Jess said...

That reminds me, I am forever saving the box tops for education. Does your homeschool group use them? I would be happy to save up some and send them to you.

TexasNeals said...

jess, i've never heard them talk about them? so i guess not, but thanks anyway! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails