Monday, September 20, 2010

Fall Lovin'

*Updated*
September is such a fun month!  School is still exciting, fall is eminent and everyone's looking forward to upcoming holidays!!!  I thought for fun I'd share some of the wonderful sites out there that give me inspiration...especially in this wonderful season of....almost fall!  ;)


If you are looking for country living inspiration and godly wisdom w/ a splash of down home recipes, look no further than sweet Aunt Ruthie.  I love this blog!!!!  She's totally got me in the mood to get my fall decorations out!  I know you will feel warm and fuzzy when you visit too!  :)



Thursday (Correction....it's Wednesday, my bad) is the first day of fall (and my brother in laws birthday "Happy Birthday Michael!") so we will celebrate by making the seasons first batch of chex mix.  Yes, the old recipe on the box can't be beat....but if you are up for trying something just a little new this is the lady's recipe to use.  She couldn't be much more famous...in fact, if you've never been to her blog....I'll have a heart attack!!!  YUM!

This year we are going to attempt going to a real apple orchard to pick apples!  Just the thought makes me giddy.  My mom grew up on an apple orchard and her brother still has one, so picking apples off the tree isn't new to me, but it's something I really want my kids to experience.  THEN I'm going to have several recipes I will want to try!!!  Here are a few:


Apple Butter.  Couldn't be simpler, or yummier!  It's an absolute must for fall! :)
here's the recipe I'm going to try:
16 medium apples, peeled and chopped
3 c. sugar
1 c. apple cider
1 c. water
3 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
Add all ingredients to large stock pot and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes.
Mash w/ potato masher till desired consistency.
Cook 4 minutes more, uncovered.
Ladle into clean jars and leave 1/4" space @ top.
Top w/ canning lids and rings and process in boiling water bath 10 minutes.
Makes 5 pints.


Apple Muffins.  I've never tried this recipe but the plan is to make lots and freeze them...so I hope they're good.  I've never met this sweet lady, but I know she has a sweet and gentle spirit.  She is super creative and inspirational and very encouraging!  I love her blog!

And of course Applesauce.  I haven't picked a recipe for this, but I hope to make a bunch!


We really want to make these amazing looking Apple Cider Donuts!!!!  This is another site that if you haven't visited yet....you are in for a real treat!!!!!  Oh my word.  Don't you love that they cut out the center w/ a heart cookie cutter!  So cute :)



This blogs belongs to one amazing lady.  She has so many fun recipes and ideas!!!!  Fun, fun, fun!  Wouldn't these little caramel apples be the sweetest little snack!!!  ADORABLE!  You use a melon baller and Granny Smith apples!  Love it!

There are so many talented people out there on the Internet and I'm so thankful.  They make being a fun mommy and good homemaker that much easier!!!  :)

Now, the question is....Caramel Apples or Candy Apples?  Hmmmmm....what do you think?!

3 comments:

Grams said...

Caramel of course:) All those apple recipes sound so yummy. Hope you find lots of good apples and make some great memories at the orchard.

love to all

The Clevelands said...

So, where is a nearby apple orchard? I've wanted to pick some apples and couldn't find one close (although I haven't looked too hard to find one either!).

Dixie said...

the teeny tiny caramel apples are definitely going to be tried here! What a great idea and super easy looking too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails