Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Simple Womans Daybook Entry


A Simple Womans Daybook Entry...

FOR TODAY
Outside my window...everything is green and sunny....and probably very hot and humid!

I am thinking...that right now, this very moment, all is well and good in my life.

I am thankful for...my wonderful husband.  He is beyond a blessing in my life and I am so very thankful for him.

From the learning rooms...just ordered curriculum for next year!  So excited to share what we'll be doing!

From the kitchen...making a huge batch of Cowboy cookies to share w/ a sweet friend that just had a baby.

I am wearing...grey Capri sweat pants and a navy blue American Eagle t-shirt that really should be retired!

I am creating...sigh...I have a long list of projects to be started or finished, but for now I'm just focused on creating an organized school year.  I'll take the girls out to buy school supplies when our order comes in so I'm trying to get a list of stuff we'll need compiled.

I am praying...that God will renew my spirit.  It's been such a hard year. 

I am reading...Shepherding a Child's Heart

I am hoping...that Suzannah's sugar will be better today.  Since we got her Pod things have been so much better.  Until a few days ago.  She just kept getting High.  Sometimes that's a sign that she's getting sick, sometimes growth hormones, sometimes bad insulin...the list goes on.  She seems better this morning...we'll see.

I am hearing...Charley Kate jabbering up a storm about something!  Music to my ears!!  :)

Around the house...we are still making baby steps to get the house finished.  Updating w/ 4 kids and a very limited budget can take awhile.  We'll finish the back hall this weekend and move on to the living room!  Anyone have any great paint suggestions?

One of my favorite things...Molly Beth fell and split her head open...again.  This time she had to get staples!!!  After she got them she said, "I hope Suzannah and Jack never have to get their head stapled."  She is always thinking of others!  AND she asked for a lollipop for each of them.  She does that every time too.  Oh, and when it's her turn for a one on one date she always wants to buy them something.  I love her beautiful heart.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Not much on the calendar.  Work around the house....

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...








Last year's Fall Fest costumes, jammies, and old scratched up pot and paper sacks of popcorn, nuts and craisins makes for great imaginary play!  I think Suzannah was a little embarrassed when she saw me taking pictures. 

4 comments:

Piano mom said...

Miss you guys. Sorry to hear Suz is not doing wonderfully. I agree, baby jabbering is music. Thanks for sharing.

Life with the Akin Clan said...

Love it! We need to have you over! I love the pictures! And never ask me for decorating tips. That's our other friends thang!

Cheri said...

You and Billy have such wonderful children and we are so glad that we were able to see all of you. Hope next time it isn't so long in between visits.

Hope everything is OK with Suzannah.

Love to all,
A. Cheri

jennifer said...

I have some paint suggestions, but not at 11 at night. Email me your thoughts for your room. Love you guys.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails