Friday, July 16, 2010

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

A few weekends ago we went to a Kilgore Pump Jacks game.  I had been wanting to go for awhile now.  When we lived in Georgia we had season tickets every year to the Mud Cats games.  It made for great family fun and great memories!
This is the Mascot.  Well, one of them.  The kids were so excited to get their picture taken with him.  Notice Charley Kate is not in the picture.  She doesn't like people dressed up like giant animals!! 


Then a few of the players came out!  They had handed out shirts and base balls to all the kids.


The kids mustered up the courage to ask them for their autographs.


Our view of the field.


I got to sit next to my very own baseball star!

We tried to see if we could squeeze our whole crazy family in.  It took a few tries, but we finally did...barely.

Sweet sweaty baby!


This is their other mascot.  A dinosaur?  Jack loved it!!!  A dinosaur?  I think a Jack Ass makes much more sense!

The middles were so good.  It was so hot and humid and a little boring for their age, but they were good and able to have fun.  Things did get very exciting at one point.  Apparently the coach on the other team didn't like a call the home plate ump called and ran out of the dugout.  He was short.  He was yelling.  He was on his tippy toes!  At one point he turned his hat around backwards so that he could really get in the umps face.  I was laughing so hard or I would have taken a picture.  It really was like a cartoon.  Suzannah had never seen an adult act that way and her jaw dropped.  Well, of course he got thrown out of the game.  He marched his pouty self over to home plate and covered it with dirt!  Classic!  Ya gotta love base ball.

By the 6th inning we decided to head home.  It was great fun and I hope we can go to many more games!!!

1 comment:

Rand and Maggie said...

I just got caught up on your sweet family. I'd been missing you so I thought, hmmmmm, there is probably a blog....so I did some poking around and found this. Fun! You all are so beautiful. Love your family so much. Hope to see you soon!
Maggie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails