Tuesday, June 22, 2010

This and This and Yum!


So, let me just preface this post by saying that when you've spent some time visiting some blogs with really amazing photography....it can be sorta painful to look at the quality of your own pictures. ;)  But godliness with contentment is great gain, right?  So I'll be thankful that I have a camera to capture precious moments in my life!

Last weekend Billy was mowing and when he got to our more wooded lot her ran into a blackberry patch!!  So fun!  He came in and got us and we picked till there was nothing left to pick and ended up with this:

So naturally I had to make this:
  

Mmmmm, don't you want a bite!!!!????






Well, you can!  I found the recipe in this:

 
Great cook book, great blog!  If you don't already own this book I recommend it.  I've made quite a few recipes and only one proved to be disappointing...and I'm sure it was my fault.  Get one from Amazon today...and feel free to use the link on my side bar! ;D

Patsy's Blackberry Cobbler
1 stick butter, melted
1 1/4 c. plus 2 Tbs sugar
1 c. self-rising flour
1 c. milk
2 c. fresh (or frozen) fruit

1.  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Grease a 3 qt. baking dish with butter.
2.  Melt butter.
3.  In medium bowl, whisk 1 c. of sugar w/ flour and milk.
4.  Whisk in melted butter.
5.  Rinse blackberries and pat them dry.
6.  Pour the batter into the baking dish.  Sprinkle the berries evenly over the top of the batter.
7.  Sprinkle 1/4 c. sugar over the blackberries.
8.  Bake for 1 hour, or until golden brown and bubbly.  When 10 minutes of cooking time remain, sprinkle the remaining 2 Tbs. sugar over the top.
9.  Serve w/ whipped cream or ice cream.

Super simple, Super yummy!!!!  :)

4 comments:

Life with the Akin Clan said...

I LOVE the Pioneer Woman! We use so many of her recipes. Since Andrew wants to be a chef (at this stage in his life) he loves making her recipes because she has pictures and it's easy to follow. Have you tried the cream corn? Or the salted caramel brownies? We do not put the caramel on the brownies and OH WOW!! So good!!

Hope to see you soon gal! We need to get our girls together!

April said...

What a fun find! A blackberry patch! Yes, I do want a bite. ;) Also, I love the pics on the past 2 posts, too. So excellent! You really have a beautiful family.

all4memories said...

Looks delicious!!!!!!!!!!!

Jessi -in love with her boys:) said...

Ummmmm wheres my piece????:D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails