Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Works For Me Wednesday

Right now I am taking a look at my house and figuring out how to make things run more smoothly and practically. My first step was to think about my biggest problem areas. I hope to do a post on these and how I dealt w/ them but I'm just going to share one today.

Enter the star of the show:

This is a 5 hook deal that we have been using in the laundry room to hold coats, hats, bags, dog leashes, etc. It is constantly weighed down by too many coats, hats, bags, etc and I'm not happy w/ how it looks. Our laundry room is the main place we come and go and is NOT functional right now. There are big changes coming to that room.

Anyway, the problem area I'm really writing about is the kids bathroom. TOWELS. They always end up on the floor b/c they can't reach the shower bar and to try to cram all of them on the towel bar which just leaves us w/ wet towels.

Here was the solution:

We took down the towel bar (which just held a decorative towel usually anyway) and put this in here! It's awesome! All three kids can reach it and hang their own towel up! They aren't so cramped that they are wet at the next bath time. And I think it looks really nice. Although honestly, I'm entering a "practical over pretty" phase right now! ;)
So that's what works for me!!!

7 comments:

Dixie said...

practical over pretty works every time

Grams said...

Great solution Stace! Miss you guys.

Vail

Life with the Akin Clan said...

You missed ELO to hang towels?! Girl, we missed you!!

The Clevelands said...

Ooooh, I like that. We have the same problem and I may have to do that same thing! And, as Aimee said, we missed you at ELO!

YaYa and Pops said...

You are so smart!!!

Laura said...

Help me break free of the decorative towel syndrome!! I really have a hard time with the kids using it in their bathroom!! Sick, I know!!

Function should always come before form! You just made it cute and practical!

Caldwell Clan said...

Well I think it is practical and pretty!! I am right there with you!! I decided to just use a large landry basket to collect the coats and bags. We have the hooks that go above it incase they are wet, but it works and keeps everything in it's place. Just a thought! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails