Friday, February 5, 2010

A Simple Woman's Day Book



For Today...February 5, 2010

Outside my window...I don't know, I haven't opened the shades yet!

I am thinking...about how thankful I am that it's Friday!!!

I am thankful for... no one running a fever....for the moment!

From the learning room...today in History we are making an Egyptian beard.  There was a female pharaoh that became pharaoh in a round about way and the people weren't happy w/ the fact that she was female.  She she said, "Then pretend that I am a man!"  And she started wearing a false beard!

I am thankful for...a Father that knows me.  When I'm crazy and don't understand why I am the way that I am (you know, the things people go to counselors to figure out) He does!  That is so comforting to me right now. He KNOWS me and knows what I need and that gives me such peace.

From the kitchen...mmm, the smell of homemade bread.  I've been doing pretty good w/ baking our own bread.  The reason is b/c I have been utilizing my breadmaker for the first time!  It's great!  I just dump in the ingredients when I get up.  Transfer it to a loaf pan to rise after breakfast and pop it in the oven after about an hour.  30 minutes later we have a perfect loaf of white bread!!!
-1 1/2 tsp. yeast
-1 Tbs. sugar (I sub. w/ honey)
-4 Tbs. water
-3 3/4 c. flour (sometimes I do half white and half wheat)
-3 tsp. gluten flour (makes it lighter and fluffier, but not an essential ingred.)
-1 Tbs. butter, soft
-1 1/2 tsp. salt
-1 Tbs milk powder (great ingredient to keep in the cupboard!  good for milkshakes and pb balls and oatmeal balls!)
-1 c. warm water (see if it needs a bit more...just depends on the humidity of the day)
Dump ingred. into bread maker in this order and put it on dough cycle. Then transfer to lightly greased bread pan to rise for 1 hour.  Then bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.  Wall-ah!  :)

I am wearing...my pink slippers, black yoga pants, white waffle shirt w/ a grey t-shirt over it w/ popeye on it (ha!) and my sick baby on my back :(

I am reading...Passionate Housewives Desperate for God (thanks Jessi) and it's wonderful so far.

I am hoping...that my kiddos will feel good this weekend and that Billy and I won't get it!

I am creating...V-day pouches for the littles.  I'm half way done and will share the finished products.  I saw this and wanted to make it but decided to be realistic.  So I turned to my best craft friend, felt, and made my own twist on it.  I think you'll like and I think they will too!

I am hearing...the girls "cleaning" their room and the clink of wedgits.

I am praying...that I will listen to the Spirits leading in all things.

Around the house...we are getting things cleaned up for the weekend.  Nothing ruins the weekend like a messy house!!

One of my favorite things...Charley Kate is just a little jabber box!  Especially when she finds something interesting....which lately is the bath tub!  She makes a break for it every chance she gets.  We find her standing up holding onto the tub...silly girl!

A few plans for the rest of the week...Suz has a basketball game tomorrow morning and then the Superbowl on Sunday.  Other than that we'll just see. 

A picture thought to share w/ you...


5 comments:

Life with the Akin Clan said...

Your family is so adorable. Do I honestly not have anything else to do but comment on your blog? I need a life!

Laura said...

Fun!!! S'mores in the fireplace. We made shiney surprises with chicken and rice!

I want to wear my pink slippers all day again! Sigh

Dixie said...

I recognize that upward shirt Billy's wearing:) Have fun on Sat. Ike has a game at 11:30

Dixie said...

And I'm just about to pull my loaf of bread out. YUM! and thanks

TexasNeals said...

dixie-YAY, let me know what you think!!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails