Thursday, February 18, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom

January 13th is one of the most important days of the year to me....it's the day my Mom was born.  My mother is so kind, gentle and wise and the kind of mother everyone should be blessed with.  I've shared how I feel about her several times before so I'll just say she's always been my hero and leave it at that.
  

So what do you do for someone that is so special to you on their birthday?  You do your best to make them feel special! I had big plans to make her dinner but they fell through.  I was feeling so discouraged b/c I wanted her to have a good birthday so badly.  THEN I made the cake wrong!!!  I was really bummed.  We ended up taking her out to dinner and this yummy cake turned out great eventhough I did it wrong.  Mom was (of course) very gracious and had a good time.  We gave her presents, mostly pictures of her precious grandbabies but also a gift certificate for just her and I to go out.  That almost never happens!!!!!!  We went to a sweet bed and breakfast and had the most wonderful, relaxing time!  I'm pretty sure I talked her ear off!  It was so nice not to have any interruptions from sweet littles.  Thanks babe, for watching kiddos for us!  ;)
  
We've already established that I'm no good at photographing food, but trust me, it was wonderful.  And then for dessert we had coffee and I had a delicious chocolate cake and Mom had a wonderful lemon pie (well, just a piece!! though I probably could have eaten the whole thing!!!).
  
 My word.  Isn't she gorgeous!!!!!!!  I just think she's so beautiful and her inner beauty is ten times what you see on the outside! 

 
Here we are at the front door.  It's such a beautiful place in the spring and summer w/ all kinds of flowers.  (It's actually the same place we took Billy's sweet Mom for Mother's day one year.)

It was such a special time.  She is definately a person to celebrate and I'm pretty sure she had a good time.  Hopefully we won't have to wait till her next birthday to go out again, just the two of us.  :)

Happy Birthday Mom!  I love you!

7 comments:

Life with the Akin Clan said...

What a wonderful idea! I am so glad you and your mom had a great time together. The bond between a mother and daughter is so special.

all4memories said...

Oh, how sweet! You look like your mom, and evidently sweetness, and beauty (inside and out) must run in the family! 8)

TexasNeals said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
YaYa and Pops said...

(you signed in on my account again!) My best birthday gift is living close to those I love. I'm so blessed. Thanks so much Stace!

Laura said...

That was so wonderful!! Your mom IS great just like you are!!

I am glad you got to get away for a little while. You deserve it!!

all4memories said...

Hello! I'm sorry to ask you about this on your blog, but I don't know of another way. :) I just wanted to ask you about the Sequential Spelling series you are using. I've looked on the web at the samples and such, but I wanted to ask someone who had been using it. We have been using Beyond Little Hearts For His Glory, and she uses a similar method for spelling in that series. This next school year, though, we are looking at "piecing together" a curriculum (I've never done that.)so I'm trying to get ideas and thoughts together. Thanks for your opinions. I know you are very busy, so please don't be in a rush, and please don't feel that it's necessary to go into details either. Your opinion as to whether it's good or not will be good enough for me! 8)

TexasNeals said...

Sequential Spelling....I think I like it. Does that help? Ha! It is such a common sense approach to spelling which I really like...as apposed to memorizing random words. I would go back and do it again in a heartbeat but I still haven't decided if I will use it next year. I haven't run in to anything I like better yet. I hope this was somewhat helpful? Please feel free to ask anything here anytime!!! :) I love talking homeschool!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails