Friday, January 29, 2010

My Husband Rocks


He makes a mean meatloaf sandwich!
Among the many reasons Billy rocks and therefore I am so very blessed is the fact that he so comfortable in the kitchen. I've shared this before, but it's something that I just really love. I love that we are so different in the kitchen and that he still introduces me to new things and new ways of doing things. Here recently he fixed me my first meatloaf sandwich. I'm sure I'm like the last one in the country to try one!!! It was wonderful!!! Now I make meatloaf for the leftovers! hA!
So, here's our favorite meatloaf recipe so you can have left over meatloaf sandwiches! :)

Meatloaf:
1lb. ground beef
1 tsp. salt
pepper to your taste
3/4 c. milk
1/2 c. oats
1/2 c. onion, finely chopped
1c. shredded cheddar cheese
Mix and form 6 mini loaves and place in 9x9 baking dish. *I always double the recipe and make 8 loaves in a 9x13)
Sauce:
1 1/2 Tbs. mustard
2/3 c. ketchup
1/4 c. brown sugar
Combine and pour evenly over loaves.
Bake @ 350 degrees for 1 hour.
*for meatloaf sandwiches just toast bread. Spread w/ mayo and top w/ meatloaf. DE-LISH!!!

{please forgive the photo. i am no photographer!!! i promise this meal is more appetizing that it looks! although, i'm not sure if anyone could make meatloaf and guacamole look appetizing! ... well, maybe jessica!!! ;)

4 comments:

Laura said...

Love meatloaf sandwiches! How can you go wrong with meat and bread!

Now Billy can raise the food, kill the food, clean the food AND cook the food? Y'all are so in the Akin's and ours compound!!

Jessi -in love with her boys:) said...

Oh but the compound wouldn't be complete without a tile layer,table builder,backsplash putter upper etc.etc....... :D You must have the other hill's in the compound toooooo:D

Life with the Akin Clan said...

Ok, you are all in. ;-)

Meredith said...

Tried your meatloaf recipe last night....AMAZING!!!! Love it! Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails