Sunday, January 10, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

I really love planning my menu every week and I know how vital it is to staying healthy and staying on budget so I'm going to be even more specific w/ my menu plans and hopefully be more helpful. I'm now going to include our snacks and how much I spent at the grocery store. B/c I'm always more inclined to cook something that has a picture I'll try posting pictures of the recipes I share. I hope this will be encouraging to anyone that is wanting to cook at home and be healthy and frugal.

Sunday:
b-
scrambled egg sandwiches, orange wedges
l-out
d-Cheese Ravioli, salad, garlic toast

Monday:
b-
soaked oatmeal w/ raisins, apples, bananas and walnuts
l-
peanut butter and jelly, chips, fruit
d-Meat Pies, salad
snack-graham crackers to dip in yogurt, grapes

Tuesday:
b-
fried eggs, toast, grapefruit
l-@ Mom's (take leftover Meat Pies to share)
d-Pork Roast tacos, tortilla chips and guacamole salsa
snack-@ mom's

Wednesday:
b-
yogurt and granola
l-left over pork roast on rolls, carrots, crackers
d-Baked Potato's w/ steamed broccoli, diced tomatoes, ranch and shredded cheddar
snack-apples w/ peanut butter, cheese crackers

Thursday:
b-
Baked oatmeal and peaches
l-spaghetti, cucumber dippers
d-@ Mom's
snack-cookies and milk

Friday:
b-
cereal, orange wedges
l-potato soup, cheddar garlic biscuits
d-pizza (1 spinach Alfredo and 1 1/2 cheese and 1/2 pepperoni)
snack-flavored popcorn, grapes, cherry tomatoes

Saturday:
b-
What-a-Burger breakfast burritos
l-chicken salad, crackers
d-Sherry tomato soup and garlic cheese bread *company*

I know I said more pictures, but I forgot to take any. Hopefully I'll do better this week.
My grocery total came to $69 and some change.
Hope everyone has a great week! :)

4 comments:

Life with the Akin Clan said...

I see that you have plans on Thursday. We were going to see if you guys wanted to come over that night. How about next Thursday? Email me!!

Jess said...

I used to try and plan our meals and snacks. I need to get better about doing that again. I also want to start changing what we eat for more healthy less processed versions. I admire you for being able to keep up with everything!

Jessi -in love with her boys:) said...

Ummmm so what time is dinner exactly???? :D Im sure that i am free all of those nights hahaha

Rebekah said...

"I hope this will be encouraging to anyone that is wanting to cook at home and be healthy and frugal."
...I need to make sure my husband doesn't read your blog! eek! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails