Monday, January 18, 2010

Being Thankful

"Joy/Cheerfulness is the byproduct of
thankfulness and love."


Since the first of this month I have been keeping a gratitude journal. Being mindful of all the many blessings He has given me, to help me focus on what I have instead of what I have not. To train my mind to always go to thanks. To instinctively play the Pollyanna game. To have that joy that is "the byproduct of thankfulness and love."
A holy Experience has been hosting Multitude Monday for awhile now. It is such a wonderful practice to count your blessings. It will weed out selfishness as you are overwhelmed by your ever growing list!

4. warm comfy bed
7. little boy bedhead
10. giggles in the other room
17. full tummies
27. the sound of the door opening
32. the way they come to me first thing in the morning
33. getting to be held by him every night
38. excitement in sleepy eyes
48. tulips in winter
57. being able to nourish her w/ nothing more than myself
60. when children obey
65. when she sings the songs from her heart...even when they are off key...especially when
68. a creative husband
73. holding hands
82. red hair, hers....and mine
83. the ever present mountain of clothes to fold
90. His mercy
91. being such good friends w/ my Mom
104. a son
106. the sound of my children laughing

4 comments:

YaYa and Pops said...

Love, love, love, love this!!!!!

Jessi -in love with her boys:) said...

And I am thankful for YOU :D

Laura said...

I agree with Jess! I am thankful for you!! You are such a special person and I love how you can find so many blessings in things that can seem either overwhelming and/or mundane! Keep it up...you are an inspiration me!

BTW... I love little boy bedhead too!!

Glen Hutchison Inc. said...

Hey! Are you on facebook? If so, look me up. My last name is Hutchison. (still signed in under Glen, sorry!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails