Thursday, December 31, 2009

Resolutions

Happy New Year!

2010. There's definitely a ring to it. Given the past several months I've struggled through, I have been reflecting a lot. The new year couldn't have come at a better time!!! I have a list of specific resolutions this year. Resolutions that aren't mearly "what I hope to do this coming year" it's what I WILL do this coming year. No more excuses. No more surviving day to day. I'm ready to live beyond survival! I have been planning and organizing and preparing and I'm ready. I am going to be who I want to be.....though there is always grace. Now more than ever I know I'm not perfect and this list will not be carried out to it's fullest every day for the next 365 days. That's not an excuse....it's reality. But whereas b/f I would (in my all or nothing self) feel like a failure and put it aside until next year when I could really do it perfectly, I will now chalk it up to living my life and stay at it. So here's a peek at my list. I may add to it, but these are the main things that are really pressing on me:

Resolutions for 2010

Mental growth:
-Continue to find good books to read and keep reading...making time for it as a priority.

Physical growth:
-Get back into making all our bread and bread products.
-Eat as much fruit and veggies as I feed the kids!
-Exercise intentionally 3 times a week.
I do not need to lose weight, but I do need to be strong and healthy and part of that needs to be more than just running around the house taking care of kids and home.
-Spend time relaxing/meditating every day.
I have done a really bad job of taking time out for me to relax and be still. It's not healthy.
-Drink, drink, drink!!! Water, herbal teas and occasionally juice.
-Intake much less sugar.

Spiritual growth:

-Pray prayers of thanksgiving more than any other prayers! Making a habit of my first consious thoughts every morning being prayers of thanks.
I want being thankful to become ingrained into how I think and therefore who I am.
-Journal daily in a prayer/gratitude journal.
-Read through the Bible.
-Be more verbal w/ the kids about spiritual things and pray w/ them more than just at scheduled times.

Relational growth:
-HOSPITALITY-
I'm still debating how detailed I want to be w/ this one. If I just go for it...I'd like to have someone over once a week. Maybe I'll set that as my loose goal. If you know me at all....you know this is a BIG step for me!!!!! But I feel like it's very important and pride is the only thing stopping me. No more.
-No More Yelling!!! EVER!!! No exceptions.
-Computer time will be limited to hours children are not awake and hubby doesn't need me. (Rest time is the exception)
-One on One dates.
Not only do I need one on one time w/ Billy, but w/ four kids, I really need to set aside time for one on one time w/ each child. Not just sitting on the couch reading them a book, (although that's a great thing) I want more. I want time to take our relationship deeper. I haven't worked out the specifics of how I will make this work, but I will make it work.
-Take care of Billy as well as I take care of the kids.
I love taking care of Billy. But I definitely do a better job of it w/ the kids. I'm changing that. He is my first and foremost and I want to treat him that way....not just say, "He's an adult, he can take care of himself."
This doesn't cover all the areas that I feel like I need to grow nor does it cover all the areas that I will strive to grow, but it pretty much covers the ways that I feel are most important for me to grow. Ahhh, resolutions. Here's to a new year, a fresh start, growth, grace and most importantly love....you know, that unconditional kind! Happy New Year!!!!

Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place
by the blood of Jesus,
by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body,
and since we have a great priest over the house of God,
let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith,
having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience
and having our bodies washed w/ pure water.
Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.
And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.

3 comments:

YaYa and Pops said...

Wow, I like this!

Marie said...

love, love you list! I was thinking this morning about the things that I want to change this year. I was going to start posting them on my blog and decided I needed more time to think. And now I see your list and I am so thankful that we have some of the same goals. Maybe we can encourage each other in them! You are a wonderful wife, mom and child of our Father. I am thankful that God is leading you in this direction and that He has given me you and others to help me stay focused on Him and the goals that I have for my family.

Jessi -in love with her boys:) said...

Wow, is all that I can say.. I feel the exact same way that these words tell. I am and will continue to always work on myself for my family. Because when we quit working to get better it means that we feel we are good enough and I def. could always strive to be better and more like christ each and every day:D Love you girl

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails