Saturday, October 17, 2009

Razorback Football

We have always been Razorback fans. My Dad was born and raised in Arkansas and calls Razorback football a religion. He gets very into the games! Growing up I became religious about the games as well, praying they would win....so that would be able to tolerate Dad the rest of the day!! ;) Well, my brother in law and sister in law and a good friend from college lived in Fayettville for several years and became Hog fans as well. This just fueled it for us. We were even able to go to a game (thanks Seth!). NOW Billy's boss's son in on the Razorback football team!!! We have become die hard fans!

Billy made sure everyone was ready for the season!


To celebrate the first home game we made homemade soft pretzels. When we lived at West Point we had season tickets to the Army football games. We would always get a soft pretzel w/ mustard to eat while we watched the game. So I thought it would be only fitting to have some pretzels too!
Suzannah wanted me to make a couple w/ cinnamon and sugar.

Again, I posted the pictures backwards. But this is the pur-tty lil' things baking in the oven.

He's so creative!

The girls did really well rolling and shaping!

And here's the fam!
Wooooooooo Pig Sooie!!!

Last week I made a cheese ball w/ my Mom's yummy recipe. Isn't it festive! Perfect to sit around and munch on while the watched the Hogs win!!!!

Pineapple Cheese Ball
2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple, drained
1/4 c. finely chopped bell pepper (so much prettier w/ red and green...great for the holidays!)
2 Tbs. finely chopped onion (we used chives)
1 tsp. seasoned salt
3/4 c. finely chopped pecans
Combine first 5 ingredients, mixing well. Shape into ball. Refrigerate overnight. Roll in chopped pecans. Serve w/ Wheat Thins.

Yay for football season, a winning team, and cool weather!!!
Go Hogs!

5 comments:

jennifer said...

Yummy!!! They almost pulled it out this afternoon. I even saw the end. Beth loves football you know. Me -- I can take it leave it most of the time. Love how you dress for the games.

grams

Charity Boozier said...

What greata memories and family time together. I like the pretzels. I have been doing more yeast breads lately and really enjoy them. maybe I will be brave and try pretzels...

Rusty and Ann said...

I wouldn't have thought of it until Ginger mentioned it, but Charley Kate resembles your dad a lot! I love me a good cheese ball! Maybe I'll make that one when we get to South Africa- Rusty leaves Monday, and Hallie and I fly Thursday- I'll be exactly 8 months then.

YaYa and Pops said...

Stace, I add about a half cup of powdered sugar to that cheese ball. It makes it much better. (You know me and sugar! ;-)

YaYa and Pops said...

Oops, not half, only a quarter cup!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails