Friday, October 30, 2009

My Husband Rocks Friday




My husband rocks b/c I still get lost in those eyes. How can it be that after 10 years of marriage I am more in love w/ him than the day we married? I'll tell you what I think it is. The "falling" part of love doesn't last. It's a circumstantial feeling that, given the right circumstances you can experience w/ just about anyone. Look at shows like the Bachelor. The circumstances couldn't be any more perfect. A beautiful person that is super into you. The romantic locations and the music and the candles and not a care in the world. Sheesh, who couldn't fall in love in a situation like that?! For some reason we have been deceived into thinking that having that "falling in love" feeling is the determining factor in telling you if you are IN love anymore or not. I would disagree. You can be in love w/ someone that doesn't even know you. It's a choice you make. We also let ourselves be deceived into thinking that the other person has to do certain things to make us feel in love. Yes, when the other person puts forth effort to show us love it makes it much easier, but how do you explain people that are still in love w/ someone from a broken relationship? That person is obviously no longer doing anything to keep you IN love. It's a choice. You choose to love and stay in it, or not to love and be out of it. Being IN love and staying in love takes work. I believe that the secret to staying IN it is to daily make choices, steps, that move you closer to the other person....and therefore further from yourself. Loving someone is action. Billy is so good at this. I catch him denying his desires for mine often. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to be married to someone that didn't reciprocate my love. I'm so thankful that he's committed to taking steps to keep us in love. He totally ROCKS!

I wanted to leave you w/ this post. It's such great advice. I've heard these things before, but never in this way. I thought it was great. I hope it helps deepen your relationship! Have a great weekend!:)

2 comments:

Neals in Nashville said...

You guys rock!!!

Jill said...

I love your thoughts about being IN love and making it a choice. The link was really good, too. You may have posted a list of your favorite sites in the past but if not... an idea for future post? I'm so bad at finding websites and it seems like you've found a bunch of great ones. thanks! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails