Saturday, October 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Billy!

My sweet William turned 32 last week. The kids were super excited b/c I told them that we were going to go surprise him at his work. We put together a fun little basket for him. We made him some Chex Mix and Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies (his fav), a mini pumpkin spice candle, some cool Sharpie pens and a snickers bar. After we got all the goodies fixed we went to the store for cards and balloons. I let each of them pick out their own card and balloon.


I love the balloons they picked! Of course Molly Beth would pick out the heart shaped balloon covered w/ roses that said, "I love you." And naturally Suz would pick the pirate skull (nut!). And Jack wanted the space ship one. We got to the office and he was surprised. In walked his crew of kiddos w/ balloons and goodies (we sent enough to share). He is such a great Dad and the kids really wanted to make him feel special. I think it worked.


For his birthday cake this year, my Mom fixed him a Chess cake. If you've never had one....you MUST! It is absolutely wrong! But oh my word heavenly!

Blowing out the candle.
(The pictures are out of order. Oops.)

Singing to Daddy.

I think he had a fun day.
Happy Birthday Billy!
We love you!

Now, to share the love. If you have any kind of excuse,I highly recommend giving this cake a try. But really....you need an excuse. Read the ingredients, you'll see what I mean!

Chess Cake
Mix and press into 9x13 baking pan:
1 box yellow cake mix
1 egg, beaten
1 stick butter, melted and cooled
1 tsp. vanilla
Mix and pour over first mixture:
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
1 stick butter, melted and coled
1 box powdered sugar
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or longer.

ENJOY! :)

6 comments:

jennifer said...

Love the balloons. They completely go with each child :) I love how content charley is and I love her socks! Lets see what else do I love...all your kids :) especially that Jack looks like such a litte man. I just want to squeeze him. I have got to get down there.

Grams said...

32 ..... are you sure? What a fun way to celebrate. The kids look great and their dad looks very happy. Miss you all

grams

The Clevelands said...

I gained 5 pounds just reading it!! Looks good and looks like all had a fun time!

Rebekah said...

Happy birthday Billy! You've got a very special family!

P.S. My birthday is August 5th. :)

Jill said...

Those balloons are awesome. Great job "letting go" and letting them truly pick their own balloons (cuz I bet it had to kill you in a way) ha! Happy Birthday, Billy!

Rusty and Ann said...

Happy Birthday, Billy! That's one of my favorite desserts that I haven't made in forever! We call it "gooey butter cake" but chess cake sounds classier!!! Love you guys! Oh, and the thumb thing can be your friend, you never lose it like a paci- but then there's the breaking the habit! That's hard- Hallie goes to sleep without it but then I catch her with it mid sleep, I don't know she realizes she does it. Good luck with that one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails