Thursday, September 3, 2009

Simple Woman's Joural Entry

For today...Thursday, September 3, 2009

Outside my window...
it's cool. Finally we're starting to see the imminence of fall.

I am thinking...
about how incredibly mericful God continues to be to me.

From the Learning Room...
we took of all of last week for vacation and are back in the swing of things. It's a good thing too. I just had a lady ask me what kind of English curriculum we were using for Suzannah and I totally blanked!!! It was so embarrassing!!!

I'm thankful for...
vacation days and the energizing it brings.

From the kitchen...
my sink and dishwasher are both overflowing b/c I'm out of dish washer detergent. Don't ask how that happened?

I am wearing...
a brown jersey knit skirt and a light pink tee shirt.

I am reading...
curriculum. I'm trying to get September's lesson plans all finished.

I am hoping...
that Billy is feeling ok. I think he's getting my cold. I told him not to kiss me...

I am praying...
for wisdom. Suzannah is having some trouble w/ her sugar and fear at night.
I just don't know what to do. We had overcome so much. Then a couple of weeks ago we sent her into the laundry room to get some skittles b/c she was low. It was about 2 in the morning and apparently Jack had woken up b/c he came wandering down the hall. It scared the day lights out of Suzannah. She started screaming bloody murder. Jack started screaming bloody murder. Billy and I had heart attacks! Ever since then she is majorly freaked at night. It's wearing me out and I just don't know the best way to deal w/ it.

I am creating...
a crocheted blanket for Billy for Christmas.

I am hearing...
Rescue Rangers.

Around the house...
I'm almost caught up on laundry from the trip. I just have to fold kids clothes and finish getting the car cleaned out.

One of my favorite things...
Charley Kate's smile. She is so joyful and just about turns inside out when she smiles! I love her so much and am so very thankful that she's a part of our family! She's on the brink of laughing and I can't wait! :)

A few plans for the rest of the week...
skate day this afternoon (the last one b/c the skate plex is closing...boo), ELO meeting tonight (we start next week...yay!), Anniversary dinner Saturday night and I think Molly B will be spending the night, cook out at a friends Sunday and Billy has off on Monday!!! :):):):):):)

Here is a picture thought to share...
Look who potty trained himself!!!!!
He just started taking off his diaper and going to the potty so I started putting "big boys" on him and he's done great. He was in underwear for almost 2 weeks b/f we went on vacation. While we were there he went when he wanted to. Now that we're back it's been alright. He's had a couple of accidents...mostly when he's outside playing. But still, he's doing really well for as lazy as I've been about it. Funny, I was kind of impressed and when I bragged to my mom she put me in my place. Her response was, "Oh, that's kind of sad." HA! Kind of true. Poor kid. Charley Kate....maybe one of your siblings will help you.

6 comments:

Cheri said...

Hope Billy is feeling better and CONGRATULATIONS JACK!

jennifer said...

Way to go Jack! He looks so cute :)

Jess said...

Good for you Jack! I would be happy to fly him to stay with his little cousin Mabry for a little while and teach her about the potty. I would love to put an end to diapers with her.

Dixie said...

How 'bout a flashlight at night for Suz. One that she can keep in her bed with her. Another thing we did with Ike for a while when Ethan was a baby and he was still getting up was make a pallet in the floor of our room. I told him that if he woke up in the night and was afraid to come lay down in the pallet and go back to sleep but NOT TO WAKE ME UP. If he woke me up, I told him he'd have to go to his bed. So I'd go to bed and then he'd be in my floor the next morning. Sometimes I'd hear him sneak in but he was trying to be very quiet. Eventually, he got better. He would just get in a rut of getting up and not know how to get out of it.

I'm sorry for the exhaustion. It is the worst. I know how it goes...but not with 4 kids. Hang in there.

Congrats on Jack. Nice to only have one in diapers:)

Enjoy the weekend

YaYa and Pops said...

I am sooo sorry for Suzannah. She is so much like her Uncle Ry Ry. She will outgrow this. Patience is so hard when you are exhausted. Try to remember the fear is real and won't last forever.

Amy Porter said...

Can I borrow Jack for a little while to show Blake how awesome underwear really can be??!! That is great for you...way to go, Jack!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails