Friday, September 4, 2009

Mercy

I have been just in awe of God's mercy lately. It started after Charley Kate was born. I was getting ready one morning and was just so overwhelmed by it that I started to cry. I wasn't worthy....of anything and yet he continues to have mercy on me and to bless me. I immediately began praying prayers of praise and thankfulness. Then my thoughts went to how I can be more worthy. I want to feel worthy of all these blessings. I want his mercy to be justified. Then I was struck by how incredibly prideful those thoughts were. There is nothing, nothing I could ever do to be worthy of his mercy. "All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags: we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away." The fact that I entertained the thought of doing something or even attempting to be someone worthy of his mercy is so evident of my humanness. "For God has bound all men over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all." He knows we are unworthy. That is what makes his mercy and grace so indescribably beautiful! His mercy in Charley's birth, His mercy in Charely's temperament, His mercy in any blessing He bestows upon us is 100% undeserved! A gift. An unbelievable undeserved gift. It baffles my mind. Grace is something that is so huge that I struggle to get my human mind around it. He is so beautiful and I am so grateful for His mercy and grace. I don't want to take His gifts for granted.

Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
His love endures forever.

4 comments:

YaYa and Pops said...

What a beautiful post! You are reminding me of someone else I know! ;-)

Jessi -in love with her boys:) said...

This is the absolute truth.Praise God for his mercy and grace. Thanks Stace:D

kim said...

I love your blog! Good to see you and your family. We will not be in ELO this year. I love your menu plans and recipes.
Kim Anderson

kt said...

I loved this post and thanks for the reminder! Hope to see all the Neals soon. Karen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails