Monday, September 21, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

This weekend is The Walk and we were hoping to have a little spending money left over from the grocery budget after I got finished shopping. Well, I've heard so much about all these people that have a week where they just eat from the freezer and pantry. I decided to see if I could do it too. I baked 4 loaves of bread last week and we pick up our milk on Fridays so I didn't even have to go to the grocery store this week!!! Granted I cheated, but it still feels good. See, I only needed groceries through Friday lunch....AND my parents blessed us by splitting a bunch of produce they bought at Sams this weekend. :)

Monday:
b-cinnamon toast, sliced apples w/ peanutbutter
l-turkey and cheese slices, grapes, chips, pickles
d-grilled ham and cheese, tossed salad

Tuesday:
b-banana bread, boiled eggs
l-beans and rice
d-Roast Chicken, mashed potatoes, greens, salad, rolls

Wednesday:
b-granola and milk, peanut butter toast, pluots
l-@ Mom's
d-Chicken noodle soup, salad, bread and butter

Thursday:
b-fried eggs, toast, kiwis
l-chicken salad and cheese crackers
d-Spaghetti, salad, roasted garlic bread

Friday:
b-granola and milk, peanut butter toast, pluots
l-left over spaghetti and salad
d-on the road

Saturday and Sunday in Dallas

I don't really have any recipes to share this week. It's all pretty self explainitory. I guess I can share how I make our spaghetti. When I don't feel up to making homemade sauce I do it this way:
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pkg sweet italian sausage
1 jar of your fave. spaghetti sauce (ours is Prego Traditional)
pkg spaghetti, cooked

Cook onion, garlic and sausage till browned. Drain if needed. Add spaghetti sauce. Bring to boil and simmer while your noodles are cooking. Toss it all together and enjoy. Really quick and simple...and semi-homemade. :)

For more menu ideas go to orgjunkie.com

2 comments:

Grams said...

Quick, easy and all good:) What are pluots? I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend with great weather. Call when you finish the walk if you think about it.

Hugs

Grams

TexasNeals said...

pluots are plum apricots. they are very yummy :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails