Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook

For today...August 6, 2009

Outside my window...Dark, hot, humid...East Texas!

I am thinking...that I am so ready to go to bed!

From the Learning Room...our first week of school has gone really well. :)

I'm thankful for...what wonderful grandparents my kiddos have.

From the Kitchen...ug, the kitchen is a wreck. School stuff and tiny scraps of paper everywhere. Dishes in the sink, junk on the counters. Boo.

I am wearing...wind pants and a grey tee shirt.

I am reading...finishing up Revolutionary Parenting.

I am hoping...for a good nights sleep.

I am praying...for a gentle spirit, patience (always) and to be more gracious.

I am creating...mmm, nothing. That's weird for me!?

I am hearing...sweet little baby sounds. Charley Kate is such a talker. She coos all the time now! I love it! She's laying in my lap and "talking" up a storm!!

Around the house...I'm getting antsy about doing something about these concrete floors. I'm thinking paint, but I'm so not a decorator and don't know what color etc. Any suggestions are welcome!!

One of my favorite things...watching my children love each other. So much of the time they are expressing displeasure w/ each other (it seems like lately), so I really savor the moments that they are loving to one another. We are working on it...and I have full confidence that they will be best friends!!!

A few plans for the rest of the week...Suz is going to spend a big chunk of the day w/ my parents for kind of a "date day." They are planning on going out to the dairy to pick up the milk, they'll come back and do Science and then go to the Mall to do the black light putt-putt. She'll have a ball. It's so special when they get to have Ya-Ya and Pops to themselves. Saturday I hope we can attack a project around the house and then the kids have a birthday party to go to. Sunday should be nice and relaxing and then we'll go to my BFF's house for dinner.

Here's a picture thought to share...


In light of my last post I found this terribly ironic! Today Jack was playing w/ a baby doll. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "Baby eat!" HA!


2 comments:

YaYa and Pops said...

Oh little boys with older sisters! It must be so confusing to them when they see the concern at "dress up" and roll playing time!

The Clevelands said...

I remember Eric 'feeding' his baby after Jaelyn was born.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails