Monday, August 10, 2009

Happy Birthday

August 9, 2009 was a big birthday day for our family. It is my brother's birthday. He would have been 28 on Sunday. It's so strange to think that he would be a grown up if he were alive. But boy would I love to see it.

Every year we celebrate by going out for sea food. Ryan loved sea food! This year we chose Dudley's. It's actually a Cajun restaurant but I know he would have loved it.

Ryan and my birthday were exactly 6 months apart so we always celebrated half birthdays. That means that I turned 32 1/2. Ug, I'm an old lady! My gift from my parents was this beautiful bracelet.


When my Mom handed it to me she said, "Because you'll always be a sister." I miss all those big sister things...and I don't feel like a sister anymore...so it really meant a lot to me.


And she had an "R" engraved on it. So special. I just love it!!



On Sunday afternoon we had our annual balloon release. The girls really look forward to this.


Singing "Happy Birthday" to Uncle Ry-Ry.






Off they go!!!




And our sweet Charlotte turned 1 month old!!!


I was trying to catch a smile. I had to hold my camera to the side while I talked to her.






There we go!!!!



She's still such a great baby!!! She's starting to wake up a little more. Not for very long periods of time, but more. :) I'll try to get a video up of her talking. She has been cooing for a week now! I know it's too soon, but I promise she does it. She's been smiling for awhile now too?! I guess when you're born a month old you just pick things up faster! HA! :)


5 comments:

jennifer said...

What a great thing to do Stace. I love your bracelet it is beautiful. Little Charlotte looks beautiful and it is ok to say she is a genius :)

Jess said...

What a beautiful celebration.

Love your bracelet!

Looking forward to a video of Charley's cooing.

Meredith H. H. said...

I love that you guys do this. You were such a great big sis to Ryan. I have such vivid memories of hanging out at your house and him wandering around with his "hey Stace...." comments to fill you on on whatever he was up to. You guys were the cutest brother and sister duo.

Love ya!

Laura said...

I noticed that bracelet on Sunday and thought it was beautiful! I didn't say anything like usual!

You have such a special family. Ya-Ya and Pops and the kids are just such a blessing to so many! We are lucky people to be friends with you!

I love you!

Chris said...

I wasn't aware of this blog.

I really miss Ryan...

It's awesome that your family does this. He meant a lot to all my friends and I. What a good person...

It's really tough for me to write about him at work cause I start tearing up, but I just wanted you to know we remember him here too.

I wish you and your family the best. My thoughts are always with you...

Chris in Lawton

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails