Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today...July 30, 2009...holy smokes July is already over?!?!
Outside my window...looks like more rain!
I am thinking...about what I need to do today. I've got to call and make Molly Beth and Jack's well visits. I'm only about 6 months late! Oops.
From the Learning Room...We went and got school supplies yesterday, so fun! We are geared up and ready to start Monday.
I am thankful for...oh man, where to start? I've been so overwhelmed w/ gratitude lately. I'm going to do a whole post on that soon. So for now, I'm just thankful for God's mercy.
From the kitchen...We have been so blessed by people bringing meals. But now it's time for me to get back into the groove of menu planning and cooking. I'll finally be breaking into those freezer meals. Boy am I glad they are there....and we didn't already eat them! ;)
I am wearing...navy blue yoga pants and a brown tee shirt.
I am reading...Revolutionary Parenting by George Barna. AWESOME! I'm planning a book review post of this one! It's too good not to share.
I am hoping...that Billy has a great day at work today.
I'm hearing...Jack and Molly Beth squealing as they push each other around the house on the John Deer and Suzannah sweet talking the baby.
I am creating...burp cloths for Charley Kate.
I am praying...for patience, patience, patience.
Around the house...we are surviving our first week alone. Just call me "a mother of four." We're making it and doing quite well. Charley is having a little more awake time, but still mostly sleeps so it's a nice gradual adjustment. The kids have been so gracious w/ me and all the time she takes.
One of my favorite things...tiny new babies sleeping on my chest. Little big boys laying on their tummies w/ their feet up "reading" their books out loud. Beautiful princesses dancing to the Romeo and Juliet soundtrack. Amazingly strong girls w/ diabetes fighting to gain enough control in a bad low to drink orange juice.
A few plans for the rest of the week...well, there's not much of the week left. Suz has a softball tournament on Saturday (if it doesn't get rained out) and the on Sunday Suzannah's endocrinologist is having his annual summer get together for all his patients. Last year he rented out Splash Kingdom!
Here is a picture thought to share with you...
This is a picture of my son. There was a heat index of 104!!! What possessed him to do such a thing?....

This. His sisters wrapping themselves in plastic on the hottest day of the summer so far!!!


He finally realized that he was wearing inappropriate attire and asked to change. As if the neighbors didn't think we were weird enough already!!!!




1 comment:

Jess said...

The photos made me laugh. Your children are very brave to don that attire in that kind of heat. It has really stayed in the low 90s around here and I can barely take it. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails