Thursday, July 16, 2009

One Week Old


Today marks our first week w/ sweet Charley Kate. I can't believe it's already here. The first two days seemed like an eternity, but the rest of the week went by in a blink! Charley is just wonderful. She sleeps all the time!!! She's nursing really well and I'm starting to be able to enjoy it too. ;) She is just as sweet as can be and almost never cries. She's pretty easy to please. Keep her diaper clean and her tummy full and she's good to go! That is how Jack was too so I'm thinking she's going to be pretty laid back...as if the 10 month pregnancy wasn't enough of a clue!






I am amazed at how much more I am able to enjoy each baby. There is no better gift for a new mom than perspective. Unfortunately it's something you have to earn. Knowing that all the physical and emotional challenges that follow delivery will end and all the amazing things you have to look forward to are priceless. Plus, knowing how everything works out in the end takes so much pressure off. Being a first time parent is SO hard....I wouldn't go back...unless I could take my perspective w/ me!




She has had a few major milestones in her first week:
She lost her belly button. SO thankful for this one. Ewww, that thing always freaks me out. I worry about it constantly until it's gone!
She had her first under water bath.
She had her first outing. We went to Mom's house for a change of scenery....and a little cable! ;)
She's gotten several nick names: Charley Cake, Cup Cake, Baby Cakes




There's nothing like a new baby. There is just nothing like it. They are all softness, and warmness, and wonderfulness! We are enjoying her so much! All day long all I hear is, "Mommy can I hold the baby?" Literally from the time she wakes up in the morning till they go to bed! I think it's great!




Speaking of great....y'all her hair really is red! I wouldn't believe it for the first few days. I was afraid that I just wanted to see it so badly that there was just a red cast and it would turn blonde. But no, she's full blown red headed!!! AND she's got dimples?!?!? I don't have a good shot of the dimples yet, but you can't miss the hair!!!

Here are some pictures of how she spends her day....every day!! ;)

I'm tellin' ya, they can't keep their hands off of her!!!




Suzannah is absolutely smitten! Sometimes I think her little heart might burst, she's so in love w/ this little one!!!










Molly B is pretty taken w/ her too. She is ready for her to grow up so they can play dress up together! She is so anxious to help me get her dressed in real dresses. All she's been in so far is gowns.





Oh, Jack. Be still my heart. He is absolutely adorable w/ her! He loves to just sit and hold her and has refused food to hold her longer! He kisses her more than anyone and loves to help take care of her. He is just the sweetest little thing I have ever seen and he continues to melt my heart!







*He loves giving her that paci!!!










And here they all are w/o the baby!!! After all, you can't hold her all the time!!! :)


15 comments:

Laura said...

You have the BEST kiddos in the world!! I love, love, love the red hair!! Watch out world...here comes a red-headed Neal!!

Amy Mccathran said...

She is just gorgeous! I love the red hair :) What a beautiful family :)

Jessi -in love with her boys:) said...

Yayyy,it's RED. Beautiful,they are all just beautiful Stacey. I can't wait to see them.;)

jennifer said...

I am so glad you finally saw the red hair. Yay!! Could your kids be any more cute? I love that little boy in his swimsuit!! Give them all hugs from their Aunt Jen and thanks for all the pics.

jennifer said...

PS. love the nicknames. Vail calls her Charley Cake. Can't seem to get the Kate down. I don't know why.

Mabry's gamma said...

Charley Kate is so cute, I love the picture of her yawning... how sweet.

Love to all,
Aunt Cheri

Peace family said...

So precious! Thanks for sharing. I look forward to your new posts! Can't wait to meet this sweet little girl!

Jill said...

Its heartwarming to see your other little ones loving on her so much. I bet it makes you want to cry seeing them so full of joy over Charley... not like that's a long shot with all the hormones! You seem so happy and in the moment already - must come from doing this 4 times! I'm so glad everyone is doing so well :D Love the pics!

The Clevelands said...

She's a cutie! She makes Jack look so much more grown up. Can't wait to see her in person!

Jess said...

What great photos. Love all that red hair. All of your kiddos are so cute.

Oh my word does Jack look just like Billy in those pictures of him holding Charley.

Glad to hear that you are all adjusting so well.

Rebekah said...

Oh, Stacey...where do I start?! I started to tear up with the pictures of Suzannah and Charley. Molly Beth looks so grown up. Jack just makes me smile. And that carseat is precious. And I'm so glad she's doing so well with nursing and being content! And one more thing...thanks for the part about being a first-time mom... You're giving me hope! I've been thinking about how crazy you are to have four kids, and I wonder if I'll be able to talk myself into having more some day!! I may need a pep talk from you! :) Love y'all!

Bethany said...

What beautiful children God has blessed y'all with! How wonderful that they are all so captivated by their precious baby sister! And isn't it neat that God gave you a red head?! I just loved seeing all the pics of the kiddos loving on her.

Meredith H. H. said...

Oh.my.goodness. CUTE!!!! Your kids are SO BEAUTIFUL!!! What a great little family! I'm so happy for your red-headed Charley to be blessed with such amazing siblings....and for you to get your red-head little blessing!

Brad, Amy & Sadie said...

Too precious! And I must say, that first (top) picture - Charley looks exactly like Terry! Do you see it or am I making it up? It could just be her expression or something.

Enjoy this time because, as you know too well, they grow up so fast!!!
Amy

all4memories said...

What precious photos of your new blessing!!! I'm so glad you all are doing well and adjusting.

This is not related to your post, but I just had to tell you about the following. I made the grilled veggie sandwiches tonight. I must admit that I was a little hesitant at first even though I am a veggie eater!! :o) All the recipes that you have shared and that I have tried have been yummy, and this one ranks right up there with them!! My 2 children loved them, too. Thanks for sharing recipes. I like trying different things!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails