Tuesday, July 7, 2009

For. Tha. Love.

From birth I have relied on you;
you brought me forth from my mother's womb.
I will ever praise you.
Psalm 71:6

I had another midwife appointment today. Everything still looks great. She isn't concerned a bit and is guessing the baby's size is around 8 1/2-9 pounds. Yikes!!! So much for the 8 pound cut off! I feel great and am getting good rest. I am, however, losing hope that this child will ever come out!!! It's still a challenge not to worry or be anxious, but I think I'm learning...or at least getting better. I am so ready, but apparently the baby isn't. The word "caster oil" has been tossed around, but I just don't feel like there's any need to force things (yet). The baby is doing fine and that's my main concern. I'll wait this one out.....w/ full confidence that God's perfect plan will prevail! :)
Thank you again for every one's encouragement. It really helps. Maybe this week sometime we'll have this baby! I can't wait to share it w/ you....y'all are probably just as ready to see this sweet bundle as I am!!!!
I love you all and am so thankful for your friendship!! :)

9 comments:

Jessi -in love with her boys:) said...

It will all be in Gods perfect time. :D And oh how sweet that time will be. This baby is soooo loved already:D Thinking of you all

The Clevelands said...

Possibly it is because there are some things on your 'purchase' list that have not been crossed off??!! I think that's what the baby is waiting for! :) I'll be praying for you - I'm sure it's no fun to be pregnant in the middle of the summer!!

Aussiedeb said...

I keep checking your blog each day! Praying for ya.

Bethany said...

Stacey,
First I have to confess that I can't keep from checking in on your blog every morning, afternoon, evening and then before bed just so I can be ready to help pray you through the labor/birth or at least catch the news in case I missed it all in the middle of the night.
When I worked with the midwives in CA I saw castor oil used to start several labors. However, I love what Shonda Parker shares about surrendering to the Lord's timing and not trying to force things unless needed. She says, "Since the Lord appointed a time for baby to be born when He formed the baby, any intervention [in natural labor induction] should be done only after prayer and confirmation from the Lord"...not just b/c "I'm tired of being pregnant. I want it to come out now!"
We'll keep praying.
"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in You. Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD, is the Rock eternal." - Isaiah 26:3-4
Hang in there, it won't be much longer!

Laura said...

Maybe its the stubborness of a "RED HEAD" that is keeping her from making her debut!!

Charity Boozier said...

Still praying for you and the family. I feel your pain. I tried the castor oil, and it did NOTHING for me, so I don't know that I would reccommend it. I understand that it is hard to understand God's plan and timing. I was just there and He had something completely opposite of "my" plan. He knows and He is with you, every moment of every day. He is with that baby too!

all4memories said...

I can tell you have such a great attitude about it all as I read your blog. God's timing is perfect. Take care, and we'll all keep checking in via your blog. :o) Praying for you!!

Marie said...

I am praying for you! God's timing will be perfect for you, the baby and for your family.

Rebekah said...

Just FYI. I sat on my partially deflated exercise ball on the day my water broke with Chandler. My midwife had started talking about taking steps to encourage the baby to come, and I didn't want to do what she was suggesting. So I sat on the ball a good bit, went for a walk, and you know what happened next. But she was also breech, so maybe she just needed me to open up some in order to get down there! I'm glad you're in no hurry. She'll come when it's time! Love you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails