Monday, June 1, 2009

Softball Season

Well, softball season is officially over. Suz was on a team called the Diamond Divas this year. She wasn't sure about it b/c of the name but it was a really great little team. Her coach made playing so much fun. She would spray the girls hair pink for the games. Sometimes put the black under their eyes. She would bring snacks and after every game she had a special drink for the girls. She was very considerate about Suzannah's diabetes and made speical phone calls to make sure different things were ok. Suz got a diet Dr. Pepper after every game. She felt very speical b/c she got to drink out of a can like all the other girls.

She was so excited to try out her new bat!!!

Her uniform had her name on it and everything! ;)


She played pitcher and first base this year. She did a great job and we were really proud of her.



She kept her mound very clean.




Her favorite play was when there was someone on third and she could race them to home plate and tag them out. She's so stinkin' fast!!!! She would get so excited. She really had a ball.





She did so well that she was selected to be on an All Star team. They were the Hallsville Storm. She liked that name better. And b/c she has the most awesome Daddy ever, she got a new helmet to match! He bought a black one and painted it to look like this in the front:

And this in the back:


The helmet was a hit and he has already done one more w/ several more orders for the fall season!


Because they were going to play in a tournament in Hallsville and the state tournament in Texas City we decided to do some fund raising and were able to raise enough money to buy real uniforms. They looked really sharp!



It had her innitials on her visor and everything!!!


She is quite the little player. On the All Star team she was the littlest girl! Scary to think that next year she'll be on an 8 and under league. She'll look like a shrimp! Thankfully she's small but mighty! ;) They had her on second and she did awesome! She could stop that ball and get it to first like a pro!


Their little team had a really tough time in the Hallsville tournament for some reason, but still managed to come in third and get bronze metals. We were disappointed b/c they really were good. But third isn't too shabby. That's her coach for the All Star team. Coach Trey. He was just wonderful. Billy and I were so impressed w/ the way he dealt w/ the girls. He meant business and worked them really hard but was so good about remembering that they were little girls and treating them that way. We saw several coaches that.......weren't. Suzannah really liked him.



Here's our little player w/ her metal. She had SO much fun and was really looking forward to the tournament in Texas City.



Unfortunately we weren't able to go. I had a "spell" the Wednesday b/f and decided to go to the ER just to make sure everything was ok. They thought I had a stroke. Being 9 months pregnant and having even a mini stroke is no laughing matter. They had to rule that out b/c pushing during delivery could have posed a serious threat to my life. I would have had to schedule a C-section! Many tests and 3 days later they were able to rule out all the major things it could have been. I am so thankful to say that they diagnosed me w/ migraines. I have learned a lot about migraines that I never new! Hopefully I won't have anymore problems w/ them and they'll go away after I have the baby. So, we didn't get home from the hospital until Friday evening....too late for Billy and Suzannah to make it to Galveston. It was disappointing for all of us. We had planned on making a family trip to the beach out of it. She had worked SO hard. 6 hours of practice a week not counting the time spent practicing w/ her Daddy. But it just didn't work out. Disappointment is just one of those things you have to deal w/ in life, but watching your child's disappointment is something new....and not fun. I felt just awful about the whole thing. She really handled it quite well. She was obviously heart broken though. Every once in awhile that first night I'd catch her staring off and getting teary eyed. A couple of times I asked her what she was thinking. One time she told me that she felt like there were rain clouds all around her and that she felt like there should be a violin playing. Awww, bless her heart.
This team will be playing in a fall league this year and Suzannah will hopefully get to play then. I know she's looking forward to it.
Thanks to everyone that was praying for me. It was a very scary experience and I am so thankful that everything turned out fine! I could feel God's presence the whole time...especilly during the MRI!!!! ;) And a big thanks to my awesome parents who watched the kiddos that and my sweet hubby who stayed w/ me the whole time.












8 comments:

Jess said...

Suzannah has been a busy little girl. She should be proud of all that she accomplished. I can't wait to see photos from the next season.
The helmet Billy made for her is great!!
I am so glad to hear that you are ok. I wish you didn't have to deal with migraines. I never had one until after Mabry was born. They are scary and painful. You are in my prayers as is that little baby girl you are carrying.

Dixie said...

Love the helmet! Maybe this will be a profitable hobby:)

I never had migraines until I was pregnant with Isaac. Fortunately, they are the kind that have an aura that preceeds them. If I can get advil right when I start seeing the lights and then lay down, I'm ok. Otherwise, it's a BAD headache. The last one I had was the day after my wisdom teeth came out in Feb. That was a bad combination. Hopefully they will be just an unpleasant side effect of the pregnancy and you'll be done with them. Time is winding down. I hope you feel good for the enxt couple of weeks. Hang in there
D

Laura said...

I hate that she had to miss the tournament! There are many more to come b/c SHE IS AWESOME and will make it in the fall!!

Grams said...

Superstar in the making! Love the pictures and the helmet that dad made. We are so thankful that you and the wee babe are fine as well. Hugs to all

grams

The Clevelands said...

She sounds like a great player! I'll be able to say "I knew her when . . ."

Glad you are doing well Stacey! What a scary experience!

Silverthornes said...

goodness! This post was quite emotional, I was proud for you and Suzannah, then suddenly sad, then happy again that you were okay - just emotional.
Seriously, glad you & baby are well!!

Amy Mccathran said...

I'm so sorry you went through that Stacey! I'm so glad you're feeling better and everything is going well :)

all4memories said...

I'm catching up with my reading of your blog. I sure am glad you're okay.

What an amazing young lady you have as a daughter. I know you are so proud of her.

The helmets your husband did were truly amazing. Great job!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails