Friday, June 19, 2009

One Last Bread Post

I'm sure most of you are sick of looking at loaves of bread on my blog...especially since we are all anxiously awaiting some pictures of a precious wee babe (my own little bun in the oven...ha), BUT there were several people that requested my bread recipes and b/c I make two I felt like I should post this.



This recipe is my favorite bread!!! It is healthy and so yummy! It's a cinch to make and turns out every time!

I originally planned on a little tutorial w/ photos of the whole process, but I was just too tired today. It's pretty self explanatory but if you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them.



4 1/2 c. water
2 1/2 Tbs. yeast
1 tsp. honey
1 1/2 Tbs. salt
3/4 c. butter, melted
1 c. honey
11-12 c. wheat flour (I usually substitute 1-2 c. of white flour if I have it on hand to make it fluffy)
2 1/2 c. rolled oats
1/3 c. raw millet, optional (but this makes the bread! it's worth the extra effort to go to the natural foods store and pick some up, promise!!!)
3 Tbs vital wheat gluten

Combine yeast, 1 tsp. honey and 1/2 c. of the total water required. Let sit for 5 min. Combine yeast mixture w/ remaining 4 c. of water and all the rest of the ingredients. Only add as much flour until it isn't too sticky. Knead for 10 minutes. Move to greased bowl and cover w/ a towel. Let rest till doubled, about 1 1/2 hours. Punch down and divide into 4 loaves. Roll out w/ rolling pin into rectangle and roll up into a loaf. Place in greased bread pans and let rise till doubled, about 30-45 minutes (I put mine in the oven w/ the light on). Heat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 30-45 minutes. Bread is done when browned on all sides. Remove and let rest in pans 10 minutes b/f removing to cool. Then I dare you not to down an entire loaf! :)


Alright, enough already about the bread!!! Hopefully the next post will include a picture of a precious little bundle of wonderfulness!!!



6 comments:

Grams said...

Looks yummy!! Hurry up would ya -- we are getting tired of waiting :)) See you soon.

vail

jennifer said...

Seriously...come on...tell that little girl to hurry up! But not too fast tomorrow was my pick on her birthday. :)

Jessi -in love with her boys:) said...

I said Monday so we shall see. I want to take some pictures though so let me know if would let me:D

Bethany said...

I'm so excited about making your bread(after life slows down a bit). Thanks for posting all the different recipes! Also, your garden looks beautiful! We never got around to planting all our melons and now that we're moving I guess I'm glad. We can't wait to hear the news about the labor/birth and see pics of your precious girl.
Addie had a quick labor and gave birth this morning so maybe I'll have our son today and they can share birthdays :) The midwife has been saying "any day" now for over a week but of course my due date isn't until Tues. We'll keep checking your blog and will keep lifting you up in prayer as you await the birth.

kt said...

As much as I have enjoyed the bread recipes you have given us over the last three days, I've been waiting on the baby! God bless and God speed. Karen

Marie said...

trying my hand at the first bread recipe (whole wheat) right now. Hope it turns out. Will try this one soon- but I have to get some of the ingredients. Praying for you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails