Friday, June 5, 2009

My Husband Rocks Friday

I haven't done a MHRF post in a long time! but trust me, it's not because he hasn't been rocking!!! And since things have been more work and less play....I haven't been a very fun mom, at least nothing fun enough to share. SO I'll take a moment to brag on my hubby. These posts are hard for me. I need direction b/c there are so many things I could write about. I have no direction, but I'll go ahead and share two unrelated things about him that really rock.
First of all, when I was in the hospital. He was awesome. He took such good care of me. He went w/o much food or rest for 2 1/2 days, just to be w/ me. He could have easily gone home for a break or for the night, but he wanted to make sure he was with me taking care of me?! How sweet is that? At one point he went to get a snack and came back w/ flowers and chocolate from the gift shop for me. He is so thoughtful and just takes such good care of me....always.
The other thing....which now that I think of it, isn't unrelated at all. He's so very thoughtful. There are so many thoughtful things that he does that I take for granted. One of them is the fact that he calls me every day....at least twice, unless he's super busy. Do you know why he calls? Because he's thinking about me. He calls to check on me and the kids and see how our day is going?!?!?! Who does that? He also calls every day b/f he comes home from work....and it's not just to say, "I'm headed home." He always asks if I need him to pick anything up?! Maybe he calls b/c he is worried that either the children or myself will literally not make it through the day and he's just calling to make sure no one killed anyone?! And maybe he asks if there's anything I need b/c he's afraid that there may be nothing to eat when he gets home!!! HA! :) I guess that's all possible, but I'm pretty sure that's not the motivation. He genuinely loves me and thinks about me and I want to acknowledge what a blessing that is. He is such a catch, and he's mine! He totally ROCKS!



3 comments:

Laura said...

I am not sure why daily phone calls are so important... but they are to me too!! I love to know he is thinking about me during the day!!

YaYa and Pops said...

Billy is a jem. You are so blessed. I'm a fan!

all4memories said...

As I read about those 2 things, I kept thinking, "That sounds like my husband." :o) I was in the hospital last year, and he was right there taking care of me. He calls me 1 or 2 times during the day, and he also calls me before he leaves to ask if I need anything. These men are few and far between, and you're right, they DO rock!!! :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails