Monday, June 22, 2009

Large and NOT in Charge!

Here I sit, sipping my Red Raspberry Leaf tea and wearing Billy's shorts and shirt....waiting. I've been overdue b/f so I'm not sure why I'm having so much trouble being patient this time, but I am. Weird b/c I'm not that uncomfortable, and I wasn't really even expecting to have the baby until yesterday! Either way, I'm just so ready (or so I think). ;)
There is a lesson to be learned in everything and whenever something unpleasant comes up I try to figure out the lesson to be learned as quickly as possible to hopefully shorten the unpleasantness! Ha! So what can I learn through this and how can I give God the glory? I think the main thing is that I really do struggle w/ control issues. This is not a revelation to me, however, I've not really worked on relinquishing control for real. Ironically enough I've been thinking about Eve a lot here lately. Why was she cursed w/ increased pains in childbirth? God wasn't jokin' w/ this one! She wanted to be like God....could this have been a desire to have control? Who am I to blame Eve for these imminent pains when I have the same issues?! Oh how I desire to fully rely on him. I am going to actively work at surrendering my desire to control and rest in the shadow of His wing.
So, here I go again, consciously acknowledging that my Saviour is in control and not me!!! I will continue to wait knowing that His perfect plan is in action and He will guide me and take care of me all along the way. I need only to be in His presence as He is always in mine.

Wait for the LORD:
be strong and take heart
and wait for the LORD.
Psalm 27:14
I have an appointment tomorrow. We will schedule a sonogram for next Monday. It sounds so far away and I just can't imagine still being pregnant next Monday!!! I don't expect to learn anything tomorrow, but if I do I'll update you. Until then, I'm waiting on the Lord and trusting in His plan and timing. "He has made everything beautiful in its time." And it will be beautiful!

5 comments:

The Clevelands said...

You know I just have to say it (and hope you still like me afterwards!!), the 28th is only 6 more days!! :)

I'll be praying for you! It's hard being patient especially when you are so anxious to have this blessing in your arms! Here's to having a baby before the 28th!!!

Life with the Akin Clan said...

You are not large! You are beautiful. I am serious! I pray that your little one makes his/her debut quickly and safely. Call if you need anything! My kids love your kids.

April said...

I loved reading your post. You have neat insights, ya know. Thanks for sharing. Know that we are praying!

Bethany said...

We'll be praying as you wait for God's perfect timing to meet your little one. If you need a great birth CD to listen to try Sing Over Me. It's a lulaby CD but not kiddy sounding like some worship lulaby CDs. I listened to it throughout the whole labor and it helped SO much! Can't wait to hear any updates. We're lifting your family up before our Father's throne!

all4memories said...

Thank you so much!! I want you to know that even through your struggles, I feel God uses you to encourage so many of us. Thank you for taking your time to do that.

I pray that your baby comes at just the right time (and she will), that God will help you with the pain (and He will), and He watches over you and that precious baby girl (He will).

God bless you and your precious family.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails