Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Delicious Homemade Bread

BEST WHOLE WHEAT BREAD
-5 1/3 c. warm water
-2/3 c. oil
-2/3-3/4 c. honey
-1 Tbs. salt
-3 heaping Tbs gluten (optional)
-3-3 1/2 heaping Tbs. yeast
-10-15 c. flour (sometimes more depending on the humidity)

Mix together all ingredients but yeast and flour. Add 1/2 of flour. Mix. Add yeast. Mix and continue adding flour until dough stops sticking to sides of bowl (if using a mixer). Knead for 10 minutes. Pour into greased loaf pans (or roll out and roll up for beautiful loaves). Let rise for 30 minutes (I put mine in the oven w/ the light on....but don't forget about them!!!). Bake @ 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Remove from pans and cool bread on it's side on wire racks. Then I slice them up and put the extra loaves in freezer bags and pop them in the freezer.


CINNAMON RAISIN BREAD
Follow directions above. Roll out dough and sprinkle w/
cinnamon, honey and raisins. Roll up and put into loaf pans
and bake as directed. YUM!!!!







(This recipe says it makes 5 loaves, but I usually make it into
4 b/c we us it for sandwiches and it will make larger loaves.)

3 comments:

Marie said...

I am so excited to try these! I have yet to try bread- a tad nervous I will mess it up. I will have to try it next week. THanks so much for posting it- hope you are still feeling well- praying for you!

Grams said...

Yum Yum!!

jennifer said...

You continue to amaze me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails