Sunday, May 3, 2009

I Wanna Be a Fun Mom Friday

So much for catching up this week!!! Oh well, maybe I'll do better next week.

For now I'll share our "fun Friday craft", as my children are calling it!



We made wash cloth puppets. I figured that w/ the warmer weather my kiddos will be taking more baths so this would be perfect.

I bought a big stack of inexpensive and colorful wash clothes from Target and one color each of the felt at Wal-mart.





I cut the wash clothes in half and folded them.



Then I let the girls come up w/ what kind of puppets they wanted to make. And they began cutting out the little felt pieces.



And placing them where they wanted them.




Molly Beth started out wanting to make a princess. But decided it looked more like a clown.




Suz made a puppy.



Here they are as they placed them. I didn't do anything....but I did help Molly B w/ the hair.



This is how they looked after I stitched down all the pieces.




I made the girls each a princess and a dragon and a monster for Jack. They were really excited.




They had a lot of fun playing w/ them. Hopefully they will have a lot of fun washing w/ them too! ;)












8 comments:

Jessi -in love with her boys:) said...

Hey girl,
What is your homemade bun recipe... ?? I have one but it isn't that great. Thanks

Aussiedeb said...

You are definitely a FUN and CREATIVE mom!!

Jaime said...

GREAT idea! I think I"ll try this with my kids. Of course, I can guarantee we won't get any princesses out of the mix... I'm picturing robots, pirates and maybe some monsters like your adorable one.

Thanks for a GREAT idea!!

TexasNeals said...

ooooooo, pirates! love that! i'll have to whip out one! thanks for the idea! :)

Caldwell Clan said...

Great Idea.. !!! Hey I'm going to give spelt bicuits a try.. where do you get your spelt flour?

TexasNeals said...

audra,
i just get it at the natural foods store. :)

The Loftis Family said...

Fun! I think I'll send my kids over for craft time:) Really - it looks so fun!

Chris and Becky said...

WHAT A FUN MOM!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails